cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

Hello Samsung & Community,

I would like to clarify the following questions with this thread once and for all:

Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

And is the answer "No":
Will there be an update for the flagship from 2018 (new "One Connect Box") ?

I've already read a lot of different answers here in the forum, once a Samsung admin says that the Q90FN already supports HDMI 2.1, then it says again that Samsung currently can't give any updates for the future.

I think I am not alone with this question here and we have spent a lot of money on this TV. And regarding the new generation of consoles, it would be nice if Samsung could tell us slowly if an update is planned, if the device from 2018 supports HDMI 2.1 or if we are forced to buy new devices.

Please finally give us a clear answer.

Thank you & best regards,

ATZ

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does the 2018 model Q90 FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

I am sorry, I show a Q90T and Q90R from 2020, but I do not see a 2018 Q90FN in my system. Can you check the full model number for the television?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

Hello, 

yes of course. 
Modelcode: GQ55Q9FNG

Sorry, the 0 has come to it wrong.

Greetings! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Does the 2018 model Q9FN (55" & higher) support HDMI 2.1?

Hello. This forum is for the support of US products and customers. We do not have the ability to support models outside of the US. There are differences between the US and International firmware, which we do not have access to. Since your device was purchased outside of the US, please visit the link below for support in your area. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.