Original topic:

Editing channels on Samsung TV Plus on television

(Topic created on: 3/20/21 9:13 AM)
ButchsMom
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We have whats probably a 2018 Samsung Smart TV. We recently started using the TV Plus app on the TV and have been trying - unsuccessfully- to edit the channel list to remove or hide the ones we aren’t interested in. We’ve also tried to set favorites. Neither function works at all for us. We can get to the channel list screen, we can see the favorites button and edit channels button but neither allow you to do anything to add or remove the channels from either the list or the favorites. Would appreciate any help!

0 Likes
5 Replies
ButchsMom
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Also I am logged in to the tv with my Samsung account. 

0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
@ButchsMom I have a 2018 Samsung smart TV too and I am able to access Channels List, set favorites by adding and removing channels on Favorites list. What do you mean you cannot? are the buttons to select and move channels to favorites list disabled? Photos would help or better description of what you mean by can't?
0 Likes
ButchsMom
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

image.jpg

In short, from this menu you can’t get to the “edit channels” button at the top. You also can’t do anything to add favorites. The favorites view when you click to it is greyed out and just shows you have none. There’s no accessible interface to edit you main list of channels or create favorites.  

0 Likes
ButchsMom
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

image.jpg

Here’s what the favorites menu looks like. We checked and ours is a 2019 not 2018 but still I feel like this should (a) work and (b) be more intuitive.  

0 Likes
Simplepink
Comet
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

@ButchsMom Sorry, I didn't see your reply until now since I wasn't tagged. That's strange that you can't get to each favorites option from the favorites list and they're all disabled!

I noticed your menu is in Samsung TV Plus Channels view. Mine is just titled "All Channels" which includes all channel sources I have but I can also view other options like TV Plus, Favorites, and Air. Yours doesn't have that. Are you accessing this list by using the "CH LIST" button on the remote? I added my image so you can see. 

Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot.

1) Check that you have the latest TV software then try the Favorites see if you can access it.
Settings -> Support -> Software Update

2) Reboot the TV by holding down the remote control power button until you see the Samsung TV logo on the screen then try the Favorites again once TV is back up.

3) Last resort is restore/reset TV to manufacturer settings and retry Favorites.
Settings -> General -> Start Setup

20210322_184434.jpg

0 Likes