Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usert1W7UNy1a6
Cosmic Ray

Editing source titles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN65KS

Just installed a Roku stick to my TV.  Works perfectly.

when I select 'HOME' on my Samsung remote, I get a popup with a number of icons.  One, I'll call 'source,' is a small box containing a right-pointing arrow.  Selecting that gives me a list of sources.  Two of those display "DirecTV,' but one is actually my Roku stick.  How do I change "DirecTV" to "Roku?"

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Editing source titles

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should work for you. If you will call in to 800-726-7864 and ask the agent for remote management, they can connect to your television and assist you further with this issue.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out. The following information explains how to edit your source name.

Editing external devices Source
You can change the port name for a connected external device or add it to Home Screen.

Home>Source
1. Move the focus to the device to edit.
2. Press the Up directional button. The following functions become available. (Note that available functions may differ with the port type.)

Edit: You can change the port name of an external device for easy identification.

Add to Home: You can add the port of an external device to the Home Screen for quick switching.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usert1W7UNy1a6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very good.  Name change worked perfecly.

>>Add to Home: You can add the port of an external device to the Home Screen for quick switching.

How do I do that?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go back to the same menu :  Home>Source

1. Move the focus to the device to edit.
2. Press the Up directional button. The following functions become available. (Note that available functions may differ with the port type.)

and select Add to Home to add the source to the home screen

usert1W7UNy1a6
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Let's see if we're talking about the same thing.  There are a FEW devices that give "edit" and "move" as options when I press the up arrow.  On those, I can move the device left or right on the "Source" ribbon.

What I want to do is add icons to the popup strip when I press HOME.  That is, press HOME and on the left is (I think) Search, Source, and Settings.  TO the right of those I have Directv.  I want to add Roku to that ribbon.. Not the "Source" ribbon.  

I CAN select Roku on the "Source" Ribbon and move the icon.  I can't find how to add it to the "Home" ribbon.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This should work for you. If you will call in to 800-726-7864 and ask the agent for remote management, they can connect to your television and assist you further with this issue.

View solution in original post