cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Error code 1021 Disney+ app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can anyone advise how to fix error code 1021 on the Disney+ app please ? 
tv is updated  turned off reset etc but still no Disney ? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Error code 1021 Disney+ app

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, try the following: 

Cold boot the TV

• Cold booting your TV is a little different than simply turning it off and back on. When you turn it off, it is really in standby. A cold boot actually shuts the TV down and reboots it, like restarting a laptop. This can solve issues you may be having with apps, glitches in the menu, picture issues, etc.
  • There are two ways to cold boot your TV.
    • With the Remote: For most people, the easiest way is to hold down the Power button on the Samsung TV remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
    • With the Plug: If you do not have the remote, unplug your TV from the wall outlet or surge protector, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
    • Note: If you switch off a surge protector with other devices plugged into it (such as your router), give them time to power up and reconnect before testing any functions on your TV.

Check for software updates on your TV.

• On your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, and then select Update Now.
  • If an update is available, it will automatically install and the TV will reboot.

Delete the app from your TV and download it again

• Delete the app.
  • Navigate to and select Apps, then select the Settings icon.
  • Navigate to the app you are having an issue with and select Delete. (If Delete is grayed out, this is a recommended app. Select Reinstall instead.)
  • Download the app again.
  • Press Return on the remote and select the Search icon in the top right corner.
  • Enter the name of the app.
  • Select the app and then select Install.
  • Open the app and try again.
  • Check to see if the issue you were having with the app is still occurring.

Reset Smart Hub on your TV

• Gather the login information for all of your apps.
  • When you reset Smart Hub, you will sign you out of your Samsung Account and all of your apps, not just the one you're having trouble with. Make sure you have the current login information for all of your accounts before you proceed. If you need this information, visit the app developer's website. If you need your Samsung account information, visit Samsung Account Support.
  • Reset Smart Hub.
    • Navigate to Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis > Reset Smart Hub.
    • Enter your TV's PIN.
    • The default PIN is 0000. If you have ever changed the PIN on your TV, enter your PIN to start the reset.
  • After the initial setup process, try the app again.
    • Note: You may need to download the app again after the reset.
    • If you are still having an issue with the app after completing the Smart Hub reset, reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is this the only app that you are having issues with? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem same code

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue for me, resetting the smart hub works but then i have to re-input all my login details into the other apps. The next day the same thing happens and i need to do it again. We need a better solution.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I started receiving same error message (error code 1021-container_config_failure) at end of August when trying to use disney+ app, had been working fine since march. Have spent an hour & a half on live chat with disney + who couldn't solve issue & didn't know code so told me to contact Samsung. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Cold boot the TV

• Cold booting your TV is a little different than simply turning it off and back on. When you turn it off, it is really in standby. A cold boot actually shuts the TV down and reboots it, like restarting a laptop. This can solve issues you may be having with apps, glitches in the menu, picture issues, etc.
    • With the Remote: For most people, the easiest way is to hold down the Power button on the Samsung TV remote until the TV turns off and on again. This should only take about 5 seconds.
    • With the Plug: If you do not have the remote, unplug your TV from the wall outlet or surge protector, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.
    • Note: If you switch off a surge protector with other devices plugged into it (such as your router), give them time to power up and reconnect before testing any functions on your TV.

• On your TV, navigate to Settings > Support > Software Update, and then select Update Now.
  • If an update is available, it will automatically install and the TV will reboot.

• Delete the app.
  • Navigate to the app you are having an issue with and select Delete. (If Delete is grayed out, this is a recommended app. Select Reinstall instead.)
  • Press Return on the remote and select the Search icon in the top right corner.

• When you reset Smart Hub, you will sign you out of your Samsung Account and all of your apps, not just the one you're having trouble with. Make sure you have the current login information for all of your accounts before you proceed. If you need this information, visit the app developer's website. If you need your Samsung account information, visit Samsung Account Support.
  • Reset Smart Hub.
    • Enter your TV's PIN.
    • The default PIN is 0000. If you have ever changed the PIN on your TV, enter your PIN to start the reset.
    • If you are still having an issue with the app after completing the Smart Hub reset, reach out to the app developer to see if they are aware of the issue. Many times a fix is likely to be available soon.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, have done all these steps & several other things when contacted Disney+, nothing worked! That was when they told me to contact  Samsung. One other thing I have just noticed is that when i go into apps it says that my tv is low on internal memory so I need to delete some apps  &  games. However, the only app it will let me delete is Disney +, there are lots I don't want but the option to delete these is greyed out!? Could this lack of memory  be the cause of app not working/ error message? If so how do I delete unwanted apps? 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem I have now is I reset the smart hub reinstall disney + and it works. But after you turn off the TV I get the code back 1021 and I have to reset the smart hob again. Is there going to be an update to fix this? Thank you. 

@SamsungBri wrote:

Cold boot the TV

• Delete the app.

• Reset Smart Hub.
    • Enter your TV's PIN.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Disney TV app error code 1021.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi there. I hope you can help. Last week I started to get an error code on disney app on my TV code 1021. There is help on this but I'm still having problems. The only way to get is app working is reset the smart hub. After I do this it works. But once you log of the disney app ie exit the app the error code comes back. I can keep on resetting the smart hub as you have to keep logging on and it also resets every app on the TV. Is there an update for this. Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Disney TV app error code 1021.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I had the same issue. Resolved by removing parental controls on the router. My next challenge is trying to work out how to switch parental controls back on and allow disney plus😀