cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Error message on CBS app

Hi, has anyone come across an error message on the CBS app that says : AVPlayer: fail to get the current bitrate?

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: Error message on CBS app

its been happening for the last day or two.  it is the CBS all access app on samsung - it works in other api's.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I was on Samsung support for three hours, gave them access. All they did is screw everything up. I did a complete system reset. Reinstalled everything. What pain. Everything works fine except CBS All access. Still getting same bitrate error message. Anyone have a fix for this?

Highlighted
Astronaut

Hi, I have the same issue (AVplayer: fail to get the current bitrate). Trying to see what help I can get from CBS All Access.

Highlighted
Astronaut

I am havving the same issue- big green box in upper left corner.

Constellation

Yes! It started happening recently.  I think it must have been a recent update to the CBS All Access app.  I spent an hour on the phone with CBS AA support with no solution. But I figured it out on my own the next day:  On the TV remote, press the button with the colored dots and ”123” on it. You should see the row of numbers (if not press the button again).  Then cursor over to number 1 and push the select.  That seems to toggle that green error message box on and off. Then just use the return arrow to return to the normal screen.

I'm guessing it is showing debug messages when switched on.  And the fact it actually shows errors makes me think that may be related to reports of pixilated images now and then on the CBS app.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Excellent advice. I contacted CBS all Access and pretty much had to give more information than I wanted to and got no joy. I started looking for on line solutuions and came accross yours and it worked as you said it would. Thank You!

Highlighted
Constellation

Thank you! That solved the issue. I have no idea how you figured that out but it did the trick. 

Highlighted
Constellation

Wow. Thank you so so much!!!

Have no idea how you figured that out. It worked. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

Thanks for this! You're better than CBS or Samsung support!