Original topic:

Fire stick keeps saying TV doesn't support hdcp 2.2

(Topic created on: 1/19/21 6:14 AM)
PapaBless
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
I have the un65ru7300fxza. My firestick was playing 4k just fine until one day it stopped and in the display settings it says my tv doesn't support hdcp 2.2 (which it does in every port). I have factory reset both the tv and firestick. Try every port. I made sure input plus is enabled. I even got a new firestick sent. The only thing that fixes it is removing it and plugging it back, but that only lasts a few days before it won't play 4k again. I contacted samsung support and they told me it because the firestick is 4k 30hz and my tv can't do 30hz. I don't think this is true because I found on google that the fire stick is 60hz and when I turn on match frame rate the tv drops to 24hz. Any help would be appreciated. 
0 Likes
1 Reply
Members_lsa9nhv
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Do you have your firestick plugged directly into the TV, or do you have a HDMI cable/extender/ AVR/ soundbar in the middle? I was having issues with my FireTV cube doing this when plugged directly into my Q70T soundbar - but i don't when i'm plugged directly into the TV, and send the audio to the soundbar via eARC.

0 Likes