JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Firmware 1462 won't install

(Topic created: 03-13-2021 04:00 AM)
twuk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

So in relation to another issue I'm having, I've been checking firmware updates.  My TV is a Q950TS, and I see there is 1462.1 available (I'm on 1460).  I've downloaded the file and extracted to a USB stick, checking the installation guide and ensuring that the files appear exactly as per the manual in terms of directory structure.

When I insert the USB drive to the TV, it sees and asks if I want to browse the drive.  Browsing does nothing but shows me the files.

If I manually go to Settings > Support > Software Update, it just finds no update available.

Here's an extract of the installation guide:

Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 11.58.32.png

And here's my drive:

Screenshot 2021-03-13 at 11.58.49.png

What am I doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will be happy to assist you. If you go to Settings>General>About TV, you will see the full software version on this screen. The software will already be at 2016.1.

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

You have too many files and they are in the wrong location on the USB drive.

Clear everything off of the USB flash drive.

Download the file to your Downloads folder, right click the file and click Extract to and then select the base of the USB flash drive.

0 Likes
twuk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi

Thanks for your response, but I'm not sure you read my original post properly.

The white screen grab in the original post is from your (Samsung) installation guide for the firmware.  The black screen grab is from my laptop where I've created the USB drive.  The files on my drive match *exactly* the files in your own manual.  

I created the drive using exactly the process you've described.  I formatted/erased it first, copied the downloaded file there and extracted.  Again, that is *exactly* what your installation guide shows.

0 Likes
twuk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

For what it's worth, I've tried this again today, as follows:

1. Erased the drive and reformatted (FAT), extracted the files from the .zip into a parent folder on the drive.  Inserted the drive in the OneConnect box.  Manually launched software update on the TV, got a 'do you want to search the USB drive' question to which I said yes, but then 'no update found'.

2. Again erased the drive, formatted FAT.  Extracted the .zip files to the drive with NO PARENT FOLDER.  Launched software update manually, but it never asks about checking the drive and doesn't find any updates to be installed.

So either a) your installation guide is wrong, b) there is something wrong with the zip file on your site or c) this update is somehow not correct for this model of TV (noting of course that it was downloaded from the support page specific to this TV model):

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/qled-8k-tv-q950ts-2020

This is how the files appear on the drive following #2 above:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.09.38.png

After attempting install on the TV, I note it creates a file (set-usb-installer.log) on the root of the drive, containing only the following:

[03-16 10:54:13/20255] SES path not found, exit

For reference, this is the full, expanded, content of the USB drive:

Screenshot 2021-03-16 at 11.11.26.png

This still fails I'm afraid.

0 Likes
twuk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Can someone (Samsung) please respond on this?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

Could you please send your serial number to this PM Link?

0 Likes
twuk
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Sent

0 Likes
userOoJyfw1N2L
Astronaut
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having the same problem with a Q90T and going from 1462.1 to 2016.1, including the 'ses-usb-installer.log' file containing just the line `SES path not found, exit`

0 Likes
user3SNhv0EhuX
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

I'm having a similar problem with TU8000 (UN43TU8000FXZA) trying to update f/w from 2016 to 2016.1

Software Update asks if I want to check the USB drive for an update, then fails to find it.

Help, please? Thanks! 

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
QLED and The Frame

I will be happy to assist you. If you go to Settings>General>About TV, you will see the full software version on this screen. The software will already be at 2016.1.

0 Likes