cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Firmware Update Failure, now Success!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My UN65LS003AFXZA 2017 Frame is at revision 1250 and I wanted to update to the newest being 1260.6 so prepared a USB stick. When I clicked Update Now on the TV and let it scan the USB stick, it asked if I wanted to update to 1260 and of course I clicked OK. As the update appeared to be progressing normally with the bar indicating % I stepped-out of the room for a few moments and when I returned I found myself looking at the Check for Update? dialog again, and it said my current rev was 1250.

I don't think it powered-off and back-on again by itself like it said it was going to either.

I decided to try Update Now again, and again it said "Update to 1260?" and again there was the progress bar, but toward the end of it another dialog appeared

Update Failed

Update failed. [ITEMRSA]

OK

What does this mean and what should I try next? I used an 8Gb Kingston USB2.0 thumb drive in FAT32 format and obviously the Frame read it OK because it found the T-KTMAKUC folder and that it had 1260.6 in it.

I can find nothing anywhere on this error.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Firmware Update Failed

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is quite odd. I would download the file again and then extract it to the USB again. Possibly a corrupt file. 1262 is available here: Link

6 REPLIES 6
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is quite odd. I would download the file again and then extract it to the USB again. Possibly a corrupt file. 1262 is available here: Link

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Wow a new file that I missed somehow! I will download that one onto a different USB and try it again some time.

Thank you Gill for the quick response; I will report back success-or-failure for sure.
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No problem! Keep us posted. 

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Taking no chances for this next try, I reformatted an 8Gb USB stick to FAT32, copied the unzipped T-KTMAKUC folder to it, and finally checked with Piriform's Defraggler that the files were contiguous on the stick before plugging to the Frame.

I was frankly shocked to see how quickly the Frame applied the update, just over a minute I think, given its 1.3Gb size, and the Frame went black and re-started ('the FRAME") just as it was supposed to!

Checked the rev and I'm now at 1262.

Firmware updates scare the heck out of me such that anything I flash has to be on a UPS to avoid any random power glitches, and it's really reassuring to know now that these seemingly huge updates take just a very short time! Whew!

userWoo1IMhAiV
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Firmware updates SHOULD scare you. I just destroyed a working Samsung TV by flashing the firmware the the only file provided, following their instructions exactly. Their solution: pay to have the TV repaired.

userjoC9QRyp5i
Asteroid

Re: Firmware Update Failure, now Success!

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had to extract the file and put only the "image" folder onto the USB drive.