JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Firmware update broke Anynet with non Samsung devices

(Topic created: 04-06-2021 06:12 AM)
Graellic
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It appears that my one month old television had updated to 1420 and now has no control over my cable box. Neither through the remote nor through SmartThings.

Unplugging all devices, reconnecting, rebooting, resetting, and even factory reset don't restore the functionality. 

Samsung BluRay player still works with the television, but the DCX3200M from Spectrum is now listed as unknown. 

Any help on a patch or a means to roll back the driver is appreciated. 

Wreck89
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Great suggestion! But that didn't work, either. If you are still able to control devices through Anynet, would you mind sharing your firmware version with us to help with crowdsourcing a solution?

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The cable box I have does not support HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) but only IR, so the TV is able to control the box by IR commands that are being sent from the TV.

0 Likes
Wreck89
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It's the same with my cable box. So far, it looks like the 1420 update disables the IR transmitter on the TV.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
What is your TV model again? I'm not sure I caught it in the thread.
0 Likes
Graellic
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine is UN55TU700DFXZA. 

0 Likes
Wreck89
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have a UN55TU700DFXZA with 1410 and Anynet+ is working as advertised. I also have a UN50TU700DFXZA that was updated to 1420 and Anynet+ is no longer working.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Mine is the TU7000, slightly different than you guys'  but nonetheless run the same software. Interestingly enough, Anynet+ works for me. I have a STB that accepts IR as well as a Roku 4K and AppleTV 4K, both of which use CEC for control.

Wreck89
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thanks for the info. That is reassuring. I might get brave and try to update to 1420 on the replacement TV to see what happens. If I do, I'll post the results and continue to try to figure out why there are so many similar problems out there with IR and HDMI-CEC.

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It's strange how Anynet+ is behaving differently on your TV sets depending on firmware. Perhaps hold off updating your TV to 1420 for now?

0 Likes
Options
HD and UHD TVs
From my understanding, that STB does not support CEC. But if your TV is still able to control your Blu-ray, then maybe CEC isn't the issue.
0 Likes