cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useryfOC8vCGFQ
Asteroid

Frame TV upload photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The latest SmartThings app broke capability to upload photos to Frame TV art mode.  Has anyone found a workaround or know if Samsung is aware of this new bug?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
useryfOC8vCGFQ
Asteroid

Re: Frame TV upload photos

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SmartThings mobile app is now allowing photo uploads to the Frame TV. 

Discovered another finicky thing about the Frame TV.  It’s photo handling is very primitive.  If you want to be able to use 3D mats, the photo aspect ratio must be EXACTLY 16x9.  So if you want to upload a personal photo, not only must you scale the aspect ratio to 16x9, you must ensure it is a perfect aspect ratio.  For example, if you crop your photo to 16x9, it might end up at, for example, 1601x900 and the Frame TV will not handle it well.  But if you adjust the aspect ratio to 1600x900, this will provide the perfect aspect ratio which will get you around the Frame TV limitations.

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
userICw8D8pFxm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same for QLED ambient mode. The app update broke capability to upload through my iPhone running 12.2. 

Please fix!!!

useryfOC8vCGFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SmartThings mobile app is now allowing photo uploads to the Frame TV. 

Discovered another finicky thing about the Frame TV.  It’s photo handling is very primitive.  If you want to be able to use 3D mats, the photo aspect ratio must be EXACTLY 16x9.  So if you want to upload a personal photo, not only must you scale the aspect ratio to 16x9, you must ensure it is a perfect aspect ratio.  For example, if you crop your photo to 16x9, it might end up at, for example, 1601x900 and the Frame TV will not handle it well.  But if you adjust the aspect ratio to 1600x900, this will provide the perfect aspect ratio which will get you around the Frame TV limitations.

usertDhtNPJxLC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello!

Thank you for your comment, I was exactly dealing with this lately, I knew it had something to with this but it was not clear...

Do you use any specific tool to resize? Photoshop is ok? Aspect ratio tool?

Also, do you think that parameters such as resolution affect it? I'm still having issues with it and not sure how to solve it.

Thank you Smiley Very Happy

useryfOC8vCGFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I use an iPad to obtain photos (some taken with iPhone), the iPad Photos app to crop to 16x9, a free app called “Resize It” to view pixel size and adjust if needed to exactly 16x9, and SmartThings app to upload to Frame TV.  So all of my photo tools are on one device (iPad).

Any photo resolution seems to work as long as the aspect ratio is exact.

usertDhtNPJxLC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Wow!

This made my day! You helped a lot, thank you very much.

Samsung should include this simple tips on their site or make a short toturial, it has taken me 4 months, including e-mails to Spanish Samsung customer service without solution!

THANK YOUUUUUUUU SOOOOO MUCH @useryfOC8vCGFQ !!!!

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We're glad that you're up and running.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userchRMsaLLtl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally!  Thanks for the additional info.  

Connecting my iphone/iPad to the tv through Bluetooth enabled me to upload my photos that had been edited to 1600x900 format to my frame. The editing app Resize It worked perfectly for this.  My only disappointment was that many of my pictures couldn’t be edited withouut distortion to that format, particularly many people shots. 

This is resolved a lot of frustration. Thanks for the posts. 

userqu3eMBdXwm
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If you do not want the 3D mat, but want to just have your photo extend to the boarder of the frame, what photo aspect ration should you use?

useryfOC8vCGFQ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Adjusting aspect ratio of your photos to exactly 16x9, as described previously, before uploading to your Frame TV will also allow you to select no mat which will allow your photo to extend to the border.