cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

HDCP 2.2 error

I have a Samsung un50ru7100dfxza 4k TV.

I've had a Roku for years and on May 4, in the middle of streaming I suddenly recevied an error that stated HDCP was not supported.  I unplugged everything and restarted, which only temporarily solved it.  I ordered new HDMI cables that explicilty support HDCP 2.2  and HDMI 2.0 and 4K 60 hz 4:4:4.  I still got the error.  So I  got a new roku, and still receive the error.  Even with changing  the  external device input to  input  signal plus, the  error still occurs.  I have  used different ports and still get the error.  I have changed everything but the TV.   It is important to note that I did not have the issue with  the TV, old roku, and  old cables before  May 7.  

I've followed all advice online that I can find from both Roku and Samsung.  Any new advice would be  helpful.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDCP 2.2 error

Have you checked for any available updates for the television? Have you tried a factory reset of the television?

Please go to Settings>Support and provide the current software version on the television.

Highlighted
Constellation

It says that it is up to date with version 1356.    I have not factory reset the TV yet.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

The software is up to date, I would recommend a factory reset of the unit to see if the issue persists.