cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

HDMI ARC Not working UE49NU7100KXXU

At a loss to understand why I can utilize HDMI ARC to on my 2018 Samsung tv. Have tried a Yamaha AV Reciever,  when the hdmi cable is connected to the tv, the sound drops(like a short circuit) and theres no pass through to the tv. Gave back the receiver! Thought the issue might be due to Dolby digital(reciever)vs dolby digital + (tv) compatibility. 

Bought a cheap and cheerful Panasonic soundbar (SC-HTB208), has ARC. Set it up on my brother's LG, worked without a hitch via arc. On my own Samsung UE49NU7100KXXU,  the HDMI Port is active(shows active as source option HDMI 3) but no AV signals. The audio is set to bit stream, I've changed cables....3 different high speed hdmi... no joy😪 . It works through the optical port. But that's not what I want,  hoping to get this sorted or else next tv will not be a Samsung. So disillusioned with Samsung right now

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Nebula

Re: HDMI ARC Not working UE49NU7100KXXU

I had the same problem. ended up being the difference between hdmi cables. One would accept the HDMI cables we are accustomed to the other only accepted the new standard which is HDMI 2.1 . I dont know if this will help the issue but it might be as simple as the type of cable
Highlighted
Nebula

and on my other tv it stopped getting those types of codec updates to the firmware so my only choice to get the soundbar to run correctly was to use a 2.1 cable into an hdmi transfer box which would dumb it down to a regular hdmi in to the tv
Highlighted
Asteroid

Hey, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no joy with her still. I even went out and bought new HDMI Cables(see images). I hot the soundbar working using the new cable, so I thought great I've cracked it... its the cable, of course hooked the Yamaha RX-V367 up with the same new cable...😪.... it didn't work.

So, I hooked her up with an optical cable, I've got surround sound working but no video pass through as it requires the HDMI ARC to work for that. Still st a loss as to why it wont work via ARC, but it'll do for now20201122_125358.jpg

20201122_132512.jpg

Highlighted
Asteroid

Just to clarify ->The soundbar was hooked with HDMI ARC

Highlighted
Nebula

how about an HDMI Arc EArc Audio Video Extractor. Sorta what would be built into the tv unit but would be used if your unit didnt have Arc think they come regular and 4k now
Highlighted
Nebula

sorta like this

clipboard_image_1606166293456.jpg

Highlighted
Nebula

Theres also a Master reset of all your ARC support. I believe everything needs unplugged then the tv needs to be turned off for 10 minutes. Then the unit needs to be turned back on and everything replugged in to Master Reset the ARC support. Dont know if any of that applies to your current situation but it might be useful also
Highlighted
Asteroid

Found some info on master reset elsewhere....see imageSmartSelect_20201121-232457_Chrome.jpg

Highlighted
Nebula

yep that's the one I read too