JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDMI ARC stopped working

(Topic created: 08-04-2021 09:46 PM)
userZZRx5m9bnc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My TV (UN55KS800DF) was connected without issue to my Yamaha (YAS-107) soundbar via HDMI-ARC for several years.  The other day, it stopped working.  I tried the usual fixes, new cable, reset the TV, reset the soundbar, check all the setting, got software updates.  No luck.   I was  concerned it was the soundbar, so I borrowed a friends soundbar which was working fine with his TV.  The same thing, no sound.   Otherwise, the TV seems fine.  

One more clue - I believe this occurred when I tried to use the flakey bluetooth audio output on the TV.  I've used Bluetooth before, but this feature has always been flakey and rarely works.  I did reset everything afterwards.  But after that, the ARC does not work.  Any ideas?  

2 Replies
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs
You tried a friend's soundbar on your TV. I would try your soundbar on your friends TV. That would completely rule out your soundbar as the problem.
0 Likes
Solution
userZZRx5m9bnc
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Found another post that suggested disconnecting the TV from power (completely, not just switching it off) for 5 min.  This worked!  ARC is operating again.