cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue with a Denon 930 avr and Samsung ks8500 65" tv.  I have the most recent firmware on both.  The tv is not recognizing any device...and this all worked 3weeks ago.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Had the same problem. Out of no where I had no sound from my sound system. Unplugged everything and plugged it all back in (on my Samsung tv) and it fired back up.  Thanks! I feel that Samsung should compensate you for providing better guidance then there paid employees

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone discovered a real or permanent solution for this yet?  I have a Samsung UN60ES7500 with this issue.  Had a soundbar hooked up for about 2 years, then all of a sudden it stopped connecting (maybe 6 months ago).  Hardware is not the issue here, as the "10 minute trick" works - I was able to reset it and it recognized the soundbar instantly.  Turned the TV off and on later, doesn't find it anymore.  Called Samsung support and they told me to unplug and try again.  They ultimately told me to take it to a local service technician and they may possible replace the HDMI ARC port.  I told them it's not hardware related since it works "sometimes."  I have tried 2 soundbars, same issue.  I tried both soundbars on a different TV and it picks it up perfectly.

Is there a way to perform a factory reset to bring the TV back to the original software/firmware version and disable auto-updates?  I truly feel this is related to software/firmware.  

Any thoughts?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had the same issues, I bought the flagship QF9N 75" and Bose Sound touch 300. It worked via ARC once and then just stopped.  Samsung blamed Bose and Bose blamed Samsung, so on the adivce of Samsung i waited for the HW-N850 sound bar.  I got it as soon as it came out....setup it up and once again nothing through ARC only wireless worked, which is pointless if you are trying to get Atmos or DTS X.  Sat box and Xbox do not see the sound bar for output when connected wireless.  So after speaking to samsung they made me return the sound bar and get a new one, which i did.  This time not only did the ARC not work but the BT was none existant.  Now i am waiting for the 3rd one to be shipped, i have managed to convince the retailer to let me test it in store before taking it home.

Am i just very unlucky or has anyone else had the same issues?  Samsung are pretty confident that it is not the TV, but after spending near £7000 on the setup you would expect a little more help.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem.  My Samsung TV was no longer recognizing my soundbar as an Anynet+ device and the ARC connection stopped working. 

I read this solution elsewhere and it worked for me. 

(1) Power down and unplug the TV and soundbar.  

(2) Remove all HDMI cables.  

(3) Wait 10 minutes. 

(4) Power up both devices. 

(5) Connect the HDMI cables including the one for the ARC port. 

(5) The TV should now recognize the device plugged into the ARC HDMI port. 

I was told that the 10 minutes is required for the HDMI circuits to reset. 

I also heard that ARC connections are not that reliable and tend to fail and have to be reset.  One professional installer said he only uses the optical cable connection because otherwise the ARC will eventually fail and the customers will call him up and complain. 

But I also heard that the sound quality from the HDMI ARC is better and/or covers more digital audio formats than the optical cable.  I'm not an expert so I'm not sure if this is true. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I'm having the same problem too. Seems like a lot people are...
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the UN65MU8000FXZA television paired with the HW-K450 sound bar and just lost my ARC connection. I went through the stepwise approach you listed out and it worked like a charm. It also allowed me to pair my Roku streaming stick+ with the Samsung universal remove which I could not do before. It's too bad there are connectivity issues like this between products from the same manufacturer #samsung.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same exact thing happening.  Purchased UN65MU8000FXZA with a HW-M450ZA soundbar.  Had Geek Squad install everything.  They have been out 3X.  BB is now sending them out again with all new equipment for reinstall.  I dont think it is an equipment issue but more of a ARC technology issue.  Works fine through Bluetooth.  This is such a PITA.  If the reinstall does not work, I will return the Samsung equipment for another manufacturer.

Way too much work on my end for their products.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung UHD TV and Samsung sound bar and had this same exact problem. Bought a new HDMI cable and was still having this problem. I was stumped till I read this comment. I can confirm unplugging power and hdmi cables from everything for 10 minutes will allow your TV and sound bar to read each other in ARC mode again! Thank you for posting this. I needed that better audio quality!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad I found this thread.  I'm having the same issue with a 2016 UN60KS8000FXZA TV (purchased December 2016) and the MS650 Soundbar that I bought 2 months ago.  It was working fine until 2 days ago.  I did all the resets on the TV (luckily I took pictures of the settings so I could put everything back).  When trying to recognize my devices - Comcast Xfinity box, Apple TV 4K and the MS650, they just showed up as HDMI ports.   

The soundbar is not an option for sound output.  Doesn't recognize it at all through HDMI-ARC.  The other devices will work, but I have to pull out the HDMI cable and plug it back in.  Otherwise I get a blue screen on the cable box or just black for the Apple TV.  

I will try that "10 minute" solution and see if that works when I get home tonight.   This is a really annoying problem and we shouldn't have to keep pulling out the HDMI cables to get things to work.

Was on the phone with tech support and they were telling me (after a bunch of resets, etc) that it's the One Connect box.  And now I have to jump through hoops because I can't find the receipt, even though I registered the TV on their website the day I got it.