cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I get your full model code and serial number via private message?

radiocolin
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Add me to the list.

KU6300F and TX-NR656. ARC was working great, then we took the whole setup apart to install a new cabinet, put it back together the same way and no more ARC. Did the 10 minute reset and tried other HDMI cables. Nada.
userZHuSrvgmbK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked perfectly. Thank you

userCmiViIuOvU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same exact thing happened to me this morning with our Samsung tv and sound bar. I tried the 10 minute thing and when I plugged everything back in and turned it on I got the HDMI-ARC showing on the soundbar but couldn't do anything with it and shortly after it disappeared and I'm back to not having it. Irritating as hell.

userkNiwNa7vBS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried the 10 min shut down everything with hdmi unpluged and arc disable on both devices (KS9000 + sony soundbar HT-CT780) : I extended it to 2hours actually and it works fine for me. For how muche time??, dont know... thanks for the tip Smiley Happy

userkWbmWRoAhn
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Seems this is a big issue. I have a Samsung Q7F QLED and I’m running a Yamaha 207 sound bar through my HDMI ARC and it has worked flawlessly since day one. I’ve never had an issue with the ARC connection. I use my Samsung Remote to control everything and the soundbar has always turned on/off with my TV. I went to upgrade my system to the Bose SoundTouch 300 soundbar and read all these problems...I ended up cancelling my order in fear of having the same issues happen. 

userJpDnn8kSlL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue with 49Q7F and a Panasonic BTT270 home cinema. Worked like a dream for 2 months then nothing. 

HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same problem here. KS8000 and HW-K450. Worked fine for about a week until this morning and now I can't get ARC to work. HDMI 4 is now showing up as a "Receiver" in the speaker settings. Not sure if it's the soundbar or the TV at this point. I wonder why all of us are having the same issue right around the same time. Firmware update? Hope Samsung can fix this.
Highlighted
SixVieles
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, well, well..... looks like anothe consumer found himself fishing from the same pond of “inoperable ACR.”

I purchased my Samsung UN65MU800DFXZA three days ago. I married it up with an Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver (new equipment). On my first initial setup the television recongnized the device as a stereo receiver and worked great for less than a full day. I could control volume and power with the Sammy remote, until I was playing my XBox One (new equipment also), and I noticed that as I was turning the volume up, the television was showing the volume control on it’s display, but the Onkyo was no longer adjusting it’s volume up. I powered everything down, and that’s when the receiver was no longer recognized by the Sammy... so, I ignored it for a day.

So last night my wife and I wanted to watch our first movie on the new set, and that never happened. I spent over two hours testing every possible solution. Tested every HDMI Cable, tested all external devices that connect via HDMI to my Onkyo, uninstalled and installed the HDMI cables to the One Connect more times than I care to count, reset the television set, reset the Onkyo, all software and firmware is current (on all products), and here I am... with all of you.

I love Samsung products, and will say, if I had read these concerns I would have had second guesses on this new purchase. This set was an upgrade from my Samsung HL-S6767W, a $3,000 television from Costco, which for eleven years had never given me a single issue (matter of fact I still have the set because of that). I purchased this new Sammy from Costco as well. My thoughts after all the tests and scenarios I have put this equipment through, is that the One Connect Device is the weakest link in this system.

I have requested a service through my television for January 3, and I will sit and wait to see how reliable that will be. Until then, I will keep you updated to this issue.

user40YHkQ8JCJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the same issue here. ARC worked for 2 months with my Onkyo receiver, and all of a sudden  stopped working and my TV isn’t seeing the receiver as a “Sound Output” option anymore. 

If someone learns of a fix, please let us know.