cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

user9PKcBIMZL1, please send us a private message with the serial number: Link

user6YXSGNFTZy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Why does the arc stop working?....need help!
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and serial number of the unit.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
user4kJjWOkgPU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I’m having the same issue. Bought a KS8500 from Costco before Christmas. Using ARC with an Onkyo TX-NR757 receiver, with a Directv Mini Genie, Apple TV 4K and Sony Blueray player. Everything worked fine for a couple of days. TV controlled volume on receiver and now stopped working. Gone through the 10 min unplug/reset process multiple times and now TV won’t recognize Apple TV, receiver or Direct TV Genie. Replaced a 13 year old DLP a Samsung for this tv. Firmware is up-to-date on all components. Frustrating that it works sometimes. Going to try one more time, them if same, return to Costco for a refund. 

userRmeqoFlmAe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung moderators: what's the deal?

useru5QRQmw1DS
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have also had the same issue. I bought 65” Samsung tv and Samsung sound bar from Best Buy and the arc worked great for one month and last night it quit working. I tried unplugging the sound bar and leaving it unplugged (overnight) turned everything on this morning and it didn’t work. I have not yet tried unplugging the tv. The power for it is tougher to get to since it is mounted on the wall. I will unplug them both and see if that works. 

It it is very frustrating to spend that kind of money on tv, sound bar and installation and then have it not work after about a month.

Samsung needs to provide some kind of fix for this. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I would be happy to look into this for you. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit.

L0neWulf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yeah, this appears to be a HUGE issue to a lot of people that Samsung has no plan, publically at least, of fixing. It really really stinks. The only alternative most of us have is to take TV down, run optical cable behind wall to where receiver resides, rehang TV, and do it that way. That is not very viable for most of us .. so I am stuck using PS4 for HDR instead of my ~$2k Samsung smart TV with apps =/

usermllliAcEq8
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having the QE65Q7FAMT and a Onkyo TX-NR535.

Tried to connect both via HDMI (ARC), but TV sees the receiver....tries....failes....everytime...

Everything is turned on right....HDMI CEC....ARC active.....and so on

TV has the version 1201 and receiver has also the latest firmware update....

Any clue when this will function????