cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfNdROboVxd
Constellation

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a very similar issue.

Everything was working fine for two years until I plugged in a TV stick into the last HDMI port. This is when the nightmare started as none of my HDMI sources recognise the connected devices. 

I've tried a full factory reset and here are some interesting obersvations:

1) The TV actually recognised my PS4 connected via HDMI
2) When I tried to switch to the source my PS4 is connected to, it will intermittently flash the PS4 welcome page and then black screen.
3) Sources that were not recognised by AnyConnect were simply not shown at all.

It seems to be there is something wrong with AnyNet+/HDMI-CEC but I haven't had any luck to get a response from Samsung. I honestly think we should escalat this and make them bleed. 

This is totally unacceptable

useramyDm22rSh
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure your device is sending digital signal. Had same type issues & after multiple refreshes and resets I decided to assume nothing and to check everything. Turns out my problem was my DirecTV receiver. The default setting for audio was PCM. Problem solved! The Dolby option being greyed out indicates tv not getting digital signal. Hopes this helps.

userFi87EPdk17
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, I solved the issue by restarting the soundbar https://youtu.be/IbLeyU4MLKc

If the ARC connection to your TV has stopped working try reinitialising your soundbar. It is often the solution. (Update): The Soundbar May not reset if it is connected to a TV. Try unplugging all but the mains cable if your soundbar doesn't reset. Hw-k850 and Hw-k950 tested
userxAHaQyszie
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my 55" curve UA55MU6300 HDMI-ARC also got problem with my pioneer SBX-N500 soundbar. the volume cant adjust after few minutes tv ON. current solution is to go to  Settings > Sound > Select Speaker  toggle between TV speaker and then HDMI again, then only i can adjust the volume...

please help

Akerhage
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there any solution to this? Having a Samsung ks8005 and hw-n850 soundbar but now the TV says my soundbar is connected via optical but its not. It is connected with hdmi arc.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userxAHaQyszie   Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

usern3f9WDxIbi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When I click on sound/sound output it bounces back and forth between tv speaker and HDMI speaker. I have direct tV so  I changed the sound to Dolby digital, disconnected the power cord from my sound bar and tv and viola! It's working flawlessly. Direct TV remote controls the sound bar. Good luck!

Highlighted
useroBWkobKsJt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a month old 7100, and this issue is about to cause a divorce! Our old LG worked fine with my Onkyo TX-NR656 receiver, and anynet powered up the other device when either was turned on. The samsung periodically loses the connection to the receiver - HDMI is not even a visible option in sound source settings when this happens. The only solution is to power cycle the tv. It doesn’t matter how long I power cycle, or if I stand on my head and rub my belly and power cycle, I just need to power cycle. 

It blows my mind that samsung has known about this problem for years and pretends it doesn’t exist or treats each person experiencing it as if they are doing something wrong. The simple fact is that cec and hdmi detection is broken on [apparently all] Samsung [smart?] TVs. I wish I had known that before I bought.

i do have a workaround question- does ARC still work if you turn anynet off? I’m thinking about using the arc port only for tv audio out, and a second hdmi cable for video from receiver to tv. This is stupid and should be unnecessary, but it doesn’t look like Samsung will ever actually make their tv’s work properly.

userzu4GFqHlCz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found this thread while looking for a solution.  My last TV was a 8 series and I had these same issues with my Marantz 5011 but would usually work for a couple of months before messing up.  The TV was a few years old so I figured a brand new TV would have all of these issues sorted out.  Boy was I wrong.  I recently bought a 75in Q9fn.  It's a $5000 TV and Samsungs top Qled for 2018.  And guess what? It's even worse!  It looses ARC connection anytime the TV is powered off.  Luckily I'm still in the return period so this this is going back and I will be going with an LG.  I was a loyal Samsung TV customer and have bought 5 TVs over the last few years but this issue and lack of resolution has turned me off.  Samsung please get your act together.  

userfLScIQF53I
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still going on huh?

I bought a Samsung QN65Q6F Flat 65" QLED 4K UHD 6 Series Smart TV 2018

Planned on using ARC to run signal back to my Onkyo NR575 . . . that worked for a couple fo days befor ARC started being wonky.  After not wanting to spend more time on it (after my wife would turn on the TV and wonder why it wasn't working) I saw one guy just bought a roku (the roku I had wouldn't work for some reason, so I needed to upgrade to an Ultra) to solve the issue . . . so I went ahead and did that.

For about 5-6 months that worked fine, but now the Roku signal out of the Onkyo is only intermittent . . . even though the Roku works fine connected directly to the TV, and everything else running through the Onkyo is fine. 

Figured I would check back and see of Samsung had resolved the ARC issues (since if that were true I could stop worrying about this new issue) . . . guess not. 

So in the last year I've bought a new TV, new receiver, and new Roku so on the off chance I sit down to watch something it will sound OK . . . nope . . . none of it wants to play well together.  Well done everyone.  Well done.