Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userF9rNzsqvUV
Astronaut

Re: HDMI-ARC stopped working with HW-M550 Sound bar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Receiver HDMI not showing in audio output list UN55MU800 with Soundbar N850

HDMI ARC not working.

I had same problem. My TV is Samsung UN55MU8000 paired with HW-N850 Samsung soundbar capable of Dolby Atmos.

It worked for about 4 months then started ocassional failure. If I unplugged the soundbar from power and plugged it back the TV would find it and reconnect back. Over time even if after power reset 15 times the TV would still not see the soundbar. Very frustrating. Both TV and soundar are really expensive. I called Samsung support and after a remote session with me they directed to me a nearby service centre. Service centre claimed they changed the motherboard and something else whatever. When I returned home it worked for about a week then stopped again.

Each time I unplugged the soundbar from power and plugged back the TV found it and when it tried to switch sound output to it the soundbar would disappear again. So back to square one. I went back to service centre again. They said they tested it on another TV (non-Samsung) and it was working fine on a different brand of TV and that nothing was wrong with the soundbar. When I returned home it continued the disappearing act.

I called Samsung support again and they said the best they could do was send the soundbar once more to the service centre.

I'm feed up. This is really very disappointing.

userut28zwEwG1
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looks like it’s a samsung problem, why not update firmware and fix the issue or just give customer refunds so we can buy other brand of tv, one that actually works with ARC. I spend so much money on my 5.1 bose and onkyo receiver to be dealing with these types of issues.

LockDoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a follow up to my original post about the HDMI-ARC stopped working with HW-M550 Sound bar. Samsung sent me a new One Connect box. I just installed it and the HDMI ARC works as it should. It recognized the soundbar when I pluged in the hdmi cable and the sound bar shows the ARC is working. I had 4 hdmi items plugged in before. Since the ARC wasn't working I put a Roku stick in hdmi #4. It was identified right away and the tv put a Trademark Roku label on that input. I also have a Chromecast, a Samsung Bluray and Comcast cable box plugged in. With the old One Connect box it didn't identify the Chromecast so I entered it manually. Once I entered the word Chromecast it put a Trademark Chromecast picture on that input. It didn't identify the Samsung Bluray player so I entered the label manually. It never did put a Picture label on that input. Those are all still showing except since I'm now using the HDMI ARC with the sound bar I unplugged the bluray palyer from #2 and plugged in the Roku. Now the Trademark Roku label on the HDMI ARC #4 is still there. I had to manually relabel the #4 input to Sound Bar but the Trademark Roku label won't go away. Input #2 now has the Trademark Roku label also but that is where the Roku is plugged in now. If it fails again I'll let you know. And thank you for replacing the One Connect Box.

Mark

L0neWulf
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mark,

What model TV do you have? Was it the full size one-connect box? Or the one-connect mini? I have the UN65JS8500 with OneConnect Mini and Samsung was supposed to send me a new box, but I never received it. This is a bit ridiculousand has been going on, now, for 7 months for me.

LockDoc
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see quite a few suggestions from people out there with this same problem. I personally tried every one of them and had no success. The only solution that worked for me was a new One Connect box and cable. And it is a full size One Connect not a mini. As soon as I installed the new One Connect everything worked just as it did when it was new out of the box. I will have to see if it stays that way or fails again. Also all of this started because I wanted my sound bar connected with the HDMI ARC. When that failed though I connected the sound bar with an optical cable which worked great. Now that I have the sound bar connected with the HDMI ARC again and working correctly I have found I prefer the optical connection anyway. It sounds better, has the same functionality and opens up that fourth hdmi port for other uses.

All that being said now that I've had this TV for a while I find the software to be a bit unreliable. I love the picture quality and overall experience but the connect ability to peripherals is a bit sketchy. I have the model UN65MU9000 which is not a top of the line unit. But this One Connect problem seems to be across the board not just with a certain line or model. I should also add that Samsung support responded well to my issue and sent me a new box no problem. Though the actual issue of why this happened in the first place has really not been addressed.

Franco Z
Asteroid

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same TV (Q7F 55¨) with the same problem with my Sony Home Theater N9200W (it is connected via OneConnect and ARC-HDMI) ... I was playing PS4 (one week ago) and just randomly the tv stopped recognizing my receiver til today... no solution! In the Sound settings and Sound output there are TV Speaker and Optical input only and no HDMI-ARC! Now I'm here in this forum trying to find a solution!! 

I'm going to try the unplugging method tonight... But seriously Samsung Moderator you have to update our TV firmwares to fix this bug right away!! Remember a TV doesn't cost $200 bucks.... 

userhqwc9jTWbS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This problem seems to be a common one. Any chance that this can be addressed so it can be corrected for everyone? I have this same problem with my QF7 QLED and Onkyo TS-NR656 receiver combination. It all points to the Samsung HMDI-CEC side of the connection and I am to the point of giving up. Cannot afford to spend time troubleshooting and using "work arounds" to get something to work the way it was supposed to be working to begin with.

userb4iTudqESz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Don't hold your breath.  Officially, despite widespread (if not universal) reports of this problem, Samsung's position is that it does not exist at all, because thy claim "that's just the way HDMI-CEC works."    Obviously, that's a complete load of hooey, because LG, Sony, Vizio, and even older Samsung TV's don't have the problem -- which they all would if "that's just the way HDMI-CEC works." 

As others have pointed out, all of this points to a design flaw in Samsung's current HDMI system (perhaps due to a conflict between the system and the anti-piracy encryption / decryption that's going on inside it).  Samsung has apparently determined that they can't fix this with a firmware update, and so rather than admit they fouled up and offer some sort of hardware fix or compensation to those affected, instead they just pretend the problem doesn't exist.

The Moderators here stopped commenting on this or any other similar threads long ago, because their position is that because they declared "it's actually not a problem," they can treat the problem we are all having as having been "solved."   That alone speaks volumes as to the integrity (more accurately, the lack thereof) of this company.

Short of a class action, there isn't really anything we can do --  beyond remembering this and not letting Samsung have any more of our business in the future, and by spreading the word as widely as possible so that others aren't defrauded by this shabby outfit.

userJ71nHZkTpw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

agreed, having the same problem with a one month old Q6. When I called service they said "wow, we've never heard of this issue before. I'll have an engineer look into this and follow up with you." Its been two weeks... I will NEVER purchase another Sam dung device for as long as I live. And in my will I'll request that my entire bloodline swears them off.

unplugging works for me but it's a daily routine. I just unplug it every morning. My next attempt is to connect the powersupply to a smart switch. 

userh7dhcExCPt
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

First time I've heard the idea of connecting the TV via a smart power switch. What a genius idea. I usually unplug the HDMI cord as well as the power and wait 10 minutes before plugging everything else in. This resets everything and the ARC connection is reestablished. If the power is completely off overnight however then the TV won't 'know' whether the HDMI cord has been unplugged or not I assume. Please let us know if that works. Potentially a low tech solution for a high tech (hardware) problem.