cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userh6VVumNKb1
Constellation

HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A month ago, I purchased A 65-inch KS8500 TV along with a Bose SoundTouch 300 Soundbar, and everything was working fine until I attempted to use HDMI ARC instead of Optical Audio. The TV would no longer control my Amazon Fire TV and my Android TV Box, so I decided to start setup again so that they would get identified again. All of the HDMI devices were identified as "Unknown", and the HDMI ARC option in the Audio settings no longer appears. Tried another reset, nothing happened. Tried a factory reset, nothing happened except that my video settings are now screwed up. In the process of these resets, I checked to see if HDMI-CEC (Anynet+) was enabled for all devices trying to be identified, and they were but they still couldn't be identified. All devices were turned on in the process of these resets.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: HDMI-ARC stopped working with HW-M550 Sound bar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Generally Repairs are recommended if the HDMI-ARC has stopped completely and troubleshooting doesn't help. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit for more details.

210 REPLIES 210
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please provide your full model code and current software version.

useruU9OZ7gKz3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have two Samsung units both with Samsung sound bars - On original installation everything worked on HDMI ARC

My 65" has since lost the link to the sound bar and I went to optical to solve the issue after trying everything

I even swaped sounds bars and changed cables - no settings have been changed since day one

Seems like there is a software issue - Has a fix been developed?

DigitalElise
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi everyone,

I have a ua55ks95000 and am having the exact same problem.

The cable unplug and power off solutions works for me, but it always lasts only a short period as little as a couple of days or as much as two months.

Samsung it’s really time that you got yourself together and provided your customers with actual solutions.

userRWBenmxkv6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Qn55q7famf that has auto update and running the newest firmware.  What’s the fix?  This is ridiculous. I have spent an additional 700+ for a Samsung HTIB and the only way it works is through the optical and I can’t play Blu-rays???? Seriously???  

usernPEyukaYwb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Count me in as another ks8000 owner with ARC that's stopped working.  My dad's TV recently started to have all sorts of issues, wifi died, then sound died.  Various tricks would get it working again but I think after his issue and now mine where ARC no longer works.  I think I'm done with Samsung.  This was my first Samsung as well as his.  We're both sticking with Sony as we have done so in the past.  Samsung's equipment is too buggy.

My TV is 4 months out of the 12 year parts and labor.

Having to frequently turn off HDMI-CEC on TV, unplug Power to TV, ensure power is drained from TV (holding power button).  Turning off sound device, power on sound device (which to TV Audio), then turn on TV, go to menu, turn on HDMI-CEC and it works.

Having to redo this often, if anything of Samsung is to know, eventually it'll die completely.

LockDoc
Asteroid

HDMI-ARC stopped working with HW-M550 Sound bar

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thought I would just ad mine to this thread. I got my UN65MU9000FXZA on March 29th and got my HW-M550 on march 31st. The first setup took a few minutes with no problems. I set it up with the ARC and it had great sound and control. The next day the tv couldn't find the HW-M550. I tried everything with no results. I exchanged the HW-M550 for another one and just a few minutes before writing this I swapped them out and found the tv couldn't find the new HW-M550 on the HDMI-ARC. I connected it bluetooth and it worked fine and connected it Optical and it works fine. That's how I left it, connected to optical. I'm hoping Samsung takes this seriously and finds a solution soon.

Mark

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Generally Repairs are recommended if the HDMI-ARC has stopped completely and troubleshooting doesn't help. Please send us a private message to http://bit.ly/2CGMMUe with your phone number as well as the model number and the serial number of the unit for more details.

userHM8XdcHAB6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung folks, why instead of asking people to send private messages to you guys, you just go ahead and provide a public explanation on how to fix these issues. Reading this thread I could see that EVERYBODY has the EXACTLY same problem. Come on Samsung, come on!

userb4iTudqESz
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

>Samsung folks, why instead of asking people to send private messages to you guys, you just go ahead and provide a public explanation on how to fix these issues. Reading this thread I could see that EVERYBODY has the EXACTLY same problem. Come on Samsung, come on!<

See the monster (over 100 pp!) thread on "ARC Sound keeps resetting to TV speakers" and you'll see the answer to your question.   Samsung refuses to even acknowledge that this is a problem at all. 

Samsung knows that this is something that they apparently can't fix with a firmware update, so the Samsung engineers claim "that's just how HDMI-CEC works" and pronounce the problem "solved."  (Note especially the Sunsung Moderator's petulant response to complaints about his marking this problem "solved" when it very obviously hasn't been.  (Scroll to page 60-62 of that thread to see what I'm talking about.)

Samsung's claim that this defect is "just how HDMI-CEC works" is facially ridiculous -- I can hook up my old Samsung TV to my Samsung Soundbar and it never loses the HDMI-ARC connection with the Soundbar.  Note also that  LG / Sony / Visio TV's don't have this problem.  Note further that when these kind of inconsistencies are pointed out, Samsung's response here is basically "la la la -- I can't hear you." 

Samsung has known about this failing for a long time.   The fact they have done nothing to fix it (my 75Q8FN is brand new and it has this problem), and essentially claim that "it's not a bug, it's a feature" tells you everything you need to know.   

Unfortunately, short of a class action lawsuit, we're all probably out of luck.    I hope everyone reading this remember when you make your future product choices / recommendations to others.  I'd been a Samsung customer for over 30 years, but after seeing the downright fraudulent way they're doing business these days, never again.