cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HDMI-CEC Not Working and HDMI-ARC Not Listed As An Audio Option (KS8500)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me, go to:

“Settings”

“General”

“External Device Manager”

Be sure Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is

Highlighted

“Device Connect Manager”

“Device List”

“Edit”

Select “All” for “Smart Device”

All boxes will be checked

“Close”

My TV-ARC connected right away.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the Costco NU800D in November and I keep losing sync over optical and the delay gets so frustrating, so I thought I'd switch to ARC. HDMI 4 is clearly marked as ARC, and my brand new Vizio soundbar definitely supports it, yet the option isn't even in the tv settings. 

It's literally as if the tv doesn't support it.

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased a KS8000D from Costco 2 years ago and the soundbar has  never worked with the tv.

Sometimes the OneConnect Box enters a state were I can’t change anything, even manually.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here in the UK. Brand new 55NU7400 and brand new Denon 2200w. CEC will turn on and off the Denon, but no audio via ARC. Using optical is no use, because the TV offers options for speakers, HDMI or optical, so with optical selected, there is no CEC control. Add in my Sony bluray and cable TV box, and I'm going to have to put up with at least five remotes, plus no way to use the TV apps to play through the system.

I've tried the power-down, disconnect and everything. None of it has worked and all the settings are correct.

Basically, I've now got five valuable B&W speakers and a costly AV amp that I may as well use as doorstops. The TV says it's CEC and ARC suitable, therefore it should be.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a lot of problems with HDMI-ARC connection.

TV: Samsung UE55MU8005 (spain)

Soundbar: Samsung HW-M450

I had the soundbar 1 month ago, and had a lot of HDMI-ARC disconnections.

Usually, I disconnect everithing from One Connect HUB, wait 10 minutes, and connect again and works ok during 1 or 2 weeks, then the connection is lost....

I hope Samsung hear their users, if not, we have to change TV brand....

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well Samsung has now sent a service tech to my house twice where they replaced the motherboard both times.  Since it still was not working they sent me a new tv which is a 2018 version instead of the 2017 version.  The new tv is 65 inch 7100.  The old tv was a 65 inch 6370 (or something similar).  I bought a 300 watt samsung soundbar after having the tv for 11 months so thankfully it was still under warranty.  I have tried 3 diffrent soundbars and never once has the ARC worked on either tv.  Next I was supposed to get a call from Samsung Estimating about what they would do.  Supposed to call me in 24-48 hours but was actually about a week.  He said that the items were just incompatible and I needed to exchange the soundbar at the retailer.  I was like I can't return this anymore (over 3 months old) and then he told me that its not their problem that a previous samsung agent didn't tell me it was incompatible and theres nothing he can do.  I was like I've tried other soundbars and thats not the problem.  Also he was just flat out rude and nothing like the 1-800-samsung folks who just have no clue whats going on and seem to be a call center out of India.   He then said I can either have the service people come back out, live with it, or send in the soundbar for repair.  I basically told him were going to go through this process and you can keep sending me new tv's until you send me one that works unless your going to refund my money.  

I have tried all the tricks of turning off for 4 hours and reconnecting and nothing works.  After the service tech came the first time I should have just let it be.  He did something and the soundbar worked seamlessy with tv remote through the optical cable.  However that went away after he came the 2nd time.

Samsung knows about the problem and is just ignoring it because they don't have a quick fix.  So many people buy these tv's and only a small % hook up using arc.  Many buy a soundbar or sound system at a later date and they hope by that time it is out of warranty.  So they just instruct their folks to play dumb and go through the motions as if they aren't intentionally selling devices that don't work properly.  I will play their game out of principle before using the audio cable and keep letting them pay to send service techs to my house and then new tv's until someone over there decides hey maybe its smarter to either refund this guy or get him a device that works.  Their hoping I say its not worth the hassle though.  Its probably not but I send the service techs to my house on the weekends when I'm not working and I'm not just going to take it.

After this experience I am likely to never buy a samsung device again.  

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I have a KS8000 and my ARC stuff seems to have just stopped working last week. It worked perfectly fine for over two years. I have it hooked up to a Yamaha RX V851 receiver. Currently have everything unplugged to see if the power off for 10 minutes thing works. I already spent a couple hours messing around with all the settings and going through the steps for setup that Yamaha recommends. Nothing has worked so far. I can still transmit sound and picture from the receiver just fine, but I can't get it to accept input from the TV remote or sound from the TV (anything that would require ARC). Receiver doesn't pop up in my list of audio outputs anymore.
Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In the other thread that was in a different section the mods marked it solved saying that the engineers said it was normal TV operation for the TV to reset to the speakers everytime....this has been a bid problem for alot of people. 

God speed....

Highlighted
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was just doing some research to try and help you guys and found this:

I may have accidentally figured out why Anynet+/CEC-HDMI is not working properly. If all your devices on your HDMI slots are filled and all devices are powered on then the HDMI- ARC will not function. My discovery came to light when I had all the HDMI-slots filled and one of my deviecs powered down completely while it was still attached in the HDMI slot. What came next totally surprised me. HDMI-ARC worked again. This is either a design flaw in the firmware or a design flaw in the hardware.

TL;DR

- If all HDMI devices are connected and powered on ARC stops working. 
- If all HDMI devices are connected and 1 out of 3 devices is powered off ARC will work

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is not true for me. I have one open HDMI 2 port. I have my sony soundbar connected to HDMI-ARC and Apple TV connected to HDMI 1. This has occurred to me 4 times in a month and half. It drives me nuts. I will disconnect everything, and eventually it will start working.