Original topic:

HDMI Port Not Recognizing Soundbar

(Topic created on: 1/23/21 5:39 PM)
userG3VIJYLLmp
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Hi all, I am new here. I have a 50" Samsung 4k TV for about 6 months now. I just got a new sound bar and plugged it into the TV and initially, it worked fine. I turned on the TV and it instantly recognized the soundbar. Now however, a couple days later and its getting all finicky on me. Sometimes it recognizes the HDMI receiver, other times it doesn't. Sometimes it will but I will have to go into my sound options on my TV and change to the correct HDMI Receiver. Has anyone found a way to fix this issue? Its driving me crazy. Thanks! 

0 Likes
9 Replies
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

How is everything connected? Do you have anything connected to the receiver?

0 Likes
userG3VIJYLLmp
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No, just the HDMI port and power cord 

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Please go to Settings>Support on the television and provide the full model code and current software version of the television. Please also provide the full model code of the sound bar.

0 Likes
userG3VIJYLLmp
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

TV Model Code: UN50TU8000FXZA

I'm not sure how to get the model code from the sound bar. Its a Polk Audio Signa S2. I can now have it where the TV can recognize the HDMI Receiver, but I still have to go to my TV's audio system and change it to the HDMI Receiver every time I turn it on. Is there a way to fix this so the sound bar can automatically come on when I turn on the TV?

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Do you have a separate receiver or are you referring to the sound bar? 

0 Likes
userG3VIJYLLmp
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

No, I am referring to the sound bar. It is currently connected to my HDMI 2 Port, which is the correct one so I can hear audio. The TV recognizes the sound bar now, but it won't automatically switch to it when I turn the TV on. I have to go into my sound settings and change it manually every time I turn on the TV. The sound bar I purchased, the Polk Signa 2, should do this automatically but doesn't. Can I fix this so the sound bar can be the default audio system each time I turn on the TV?

0 Likes
userG3VIJYLLmp
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Has anyone found any solution to this? I'm still experiencing this problem! Driving me crazy

0 Likes
SamsungGill
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Make sure that the HDMI port you are using is labeled ARC. Then go to Settings>Sound>Expert Settings and ensure that ARC is turned on. Does the sound bar support ARC/CEC? Does the HDMI cable support ARC/CEC?

0 Likes
userGnGYFs7iqY
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Figured I'd reach out.  Have you found a solution? Having same issue with my HEOS sound bar

0 Likes