JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

HDMI Ports Not working

(Topic created: 09-04-2020 12:32 PM)
userlXAFRx4F7b
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

All 3 HDMI ports are failing to recognize any inputs from my cable box or Apple TV.  I've replaced both the cable box and cables  - still not signal.

Model # UN43MU630DFXZA

Please help!

user9vhMA7kkX0
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

all hdmi ports stopped working 2 weeks ago (series 😎 how can we fix it? it shows that something is connected but can not identify, please help!!!!  changed all cables, i also did reset, no luck!!

0 Likes
userrairOZnWrk
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello. I am having same issue with my 32. It is a few years old. Cant get any hdmi ports to work. All components and cables work fine on other TVs. 

Please advise how to resolve. 

The model # is : Ln32a540p2d . 

Thanks.  Ludwig57. 

0 Likes
userxL9TbWwWSm
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Well, this is a bit of a worry. A few weeks ago, we bought a brand new TV (T5300). Within days, one of the HDMI ports stopped working and shortly after that, the TV itslef stopped working completely. So we returned it and got a like-for-like replacement.  And now, one of the HDMI ports of that 2nd TV stopped working too! I've just followed the instructions provided on this thread and both HDMI ports are detected and seem to work properly again but is this issue going to keep happening and will I have to keep following those instructions over and over again? It doesn't give much confidence in the product I must say.  We were given the option to get a replacement TV from a different manufacturer but I assumed we had been unlucky with the first TV and got a faulty one. These things can happen and I was happy to get the exact same model. But if this is a known problem and it keeps occuring, I'm afraid I will swap it for a different brand next time.

userGUn4w2EmX2
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

worked for me too!

0 Likes
usereiMS8tbGzF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I’ve tried your  troubleshooting with no success. Any suggestionsI’ve tried your troubleshooting with no success. Any suggestions

0 Likes
userbXsA7oqfCh
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

thx, worked

0 Likes
usergkGhndwZzs
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Is this even a solution.. looks like every Samsung TV has this problem.. I did not knew this till I tried to install a fire TV stick and Airtel DTH.. the port doesn't work.

And the service engineer who comes to check says that mother board is to be replaced.. 

So are u saying that the TV I bought from showroom didn't had the proper mother board installed.. ah?m

0 Likes
useruRScoCJ1yC
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Didn't work. 🥺

0 Likes
Robert1111
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I've also started experiencing the same issue. The TV will recognize an input however nothing will display from the cable box(s) via HDMI. A comcast cable technician replaced all the boxes + cables and tried to troubleshoot the TV with no success. I've given up and switched to an A/V input, which works, but the resolution isnt ideal. Can you please help if I send my info? Thanks

0 Likes
Rakizi
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I appear to be having similar issues with my Samsung 5 series tv i bought recently(about 2-3 months ago)

I have tried the above series of steps and no luck on HDMI1, i unplug from HDMI1 and plug into HDMI2 and have no problems, image immediately(2 seconds?) shows up.

Software version #: T-KTSNAKUC-1300

Model #: UN40N5200

Serial #: xxx

Satus code: 0000000000200

On a possibly related note(hopefully)

Have issues connecting a raspberry PI to the same television, pi connects fine to other televisions and monitors, but get absolutely no signal on the samsung tv. on HDMI1 or HDMI2 w/ARC, which is why probably unrelated since HDMI2 seems to be ok with the other device, occasionally the screen flickers, but only notice it peripherally.  

0 Likes