Original topic:

HDMI settings a reset after cable unplugged

(Topic created on: 12/15/20 5:01 AM)
user7UZiYn6wt6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Each time HDMI cable is disconnected, TV resets it's input settings, in particular "input signal plus" and "game mode". When I want to connect a laptop to my TV, I have to go to the settings and enable "input signal plus" or otherwise it will limit refresh rate to 30Hz at 4k resolution. Then I can connect HDMI cable, go to the settings again to enable "game mode" or otherwise picture on the screen will lag.  As soon as I disconnect HDMI cable those settings are lost.

I bought UE65TU8000UXUA with intention to use it mainly as a big screen computer monitor for my laptop for the times when I am working from home and the fact that I need to repeat the procedure described above several times a day is super annoying. By using method described here https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01111222/#turn-off-automatic-hdmi-switching-wi... (Mute, Vol Down, Ch Down, Mute) I was able to disable automatic detection of HDMI devices which helped a lot, but the fact that it fails to remember it's settings totally ruins the user experience.

Please give me a way to make those settings to persist across HDMI cable disconnects.

0 Likes
4 Replies
userNFRUqPYmxT
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
6 9
0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you for this info! As this is a non-US model and support for these models is very limited, please seek support for your area. You can do so here: https://www.samsung.com/us/common/visitcountrysite.html.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user7UZiYn6wt6
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Thank you for your reply!

Unfortunately when I follow your link and select Ukraine, it starts redirecting me until I get an error 414 - Request-URI Too Long.

I do not mind changing firmware to something that have more support (loosing localized features is totally fine for me), if only it would help to resolve the issue.

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Sorry, there appears to be an issue with their site. You can call them directly at 0-800-502-000.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes