cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

I see the previous thread has been locked. It has been over a year and a half since we last had an update from Samsung (to my knowledge). Is there any updates regarding HDR+ support coming to 2016 model TVs as promised? I ask because if there is no plan to provide this update, I'd like to go ahead and sell my TV. It continues to lose value year after year, especially if HDR+ never comes. 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

It would make sense for Samsung to put HDR10+ on as many devices as possible to encourage the  HDR10+ format. Because of Samsung's shortsightedness, it appears to be losing its battle with DV. I see more and more discs with DV on it. 

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

The recent articles that I have seen the DV Fanbois are worried since some more heavy hitters have joined HDR10+ and are fearful that DV is going to lose. I said it was going to lose day one. It costs manufacturers to use it! HDRx doesn't. That's a major cost factor. And supposedly the update is on its way for the 2016 Models. I got the first ever "Pushed" FW Update last Fall that added things and changed Picture Quality and Settings. So there's hope. OR the update could have been embedded in the last update and just needs to be "Turned On!" I know, "dreaming!"

Oh here: Google Play Movies to offer 4K titles in HDR10+