cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harlow Quinn
Cosmic Ray

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Definitely unfortunate considering that, the KS8000 and 8500 are still considered to be high on the list of recommended televisions by so many sources, especially for gaming and they actually stand up against the newer models quite respectably. I almost think they regret making the set as good as they did.  It was, I believe, the first step that used quantum dot technology, which one year later,  was stricken from the series and reserved only for their Q series televisions. The only thing that prevented this set from being absolutely monumental was full array back lighting like they did on the 9800.

I guess in a way this could be a reason not to make future firmware update improve their performance because it would take away any incentive to purchase one of the newer products. The last thing Samsung would want, and I guess I can understand why, would be having a set that is future proof because it would negatively impact sales of future products.  The only issue I have with the whole HDR upgrade that isn’t going to happen, is the fact that it was more or less promised and if memory serves, officially announced as being part of future updates and then  all of a sudden “no soup for you!“.  I guess there’s nothing that can be done about it. 

useru2hLwJx6Vr
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is thought samsung would keep their word...we need answers soon Samsung..didn’t spend over 3k for u it’s to give up on 2016 update...u guys need to hurry up...

userUtFb0s1Sfr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wholeheartedly agree with you, I buy a new TV once every 6-8 years not every year or two. 

We have to keep putting pressure on Samsung to do something. Here is a new petition that is requesting they honor their commitment to bringing HLG and HDR10+ to its 2016 line; I urge you all to sign it.

userUtFb0s1Sfr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This new petition is a last ditched effort by KS8000-KS8500 owners to get Samung to honor their promises of bringing HLG, HDR10+ and OneConnect via firmware update. If Samsung continues to ignore the issue, its likely owners will begin legal preceedings against Samsung. I urge you to sign it.

Highlighted
leotreble
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you!  Just signed this petition! This is not acceptable Samsung! HDR10+ support must be added to KS series as you promised us!

userUtFb0s1Sfr
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Agreed, we only want what was promised
user5hlXjDsz1X
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Never buying a Samsung TV ever again. LG is the way to go. Samsung can’t even provide their customers with an update to get the full benefits of our tv, no .... just telling us to go drop another 4 grand just for hdr 10+ when they said we would get it in on our KS8000’s

user5hlXjDsz1X
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PEOPLE , SIGN THIS PETITION. Vote with your wallets and spend your money elsewhere. This company does not care in customer satisfaction just in the customers dollar bills

usersIJ5xOOYot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

where is the petition?

Also does the ks8000 have hdr10 but not hdr10+?

user03JrlrBmT5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That is all you mention? No word about breaking your promise to all the people who bought oyur product? 

I have been a Samsung patron with phones, tablets and TVs for many many years. Now ALL that changes!