cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlWgxgPyKDW
Asteroid

HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

According to this Samsung offical press release (source: https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-and-amazon-video-deliver-next-generation-hdr-video-experienc...), I would like to know when Samsung is expecting to push the HDR10+ firmware update for the 2016 television models?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately we cannot speculate on the release of future updates. Should this information become available it will be publicly announced. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

90 REPLIES 90
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately we cannot speculate on the release of future updates. Should this information become available it will be publicly announced. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userlWgxgPyKDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well since you cannot confirm when the HDR10+ firmware will be publicly announced, can you at least assure your clients who purchased the 2016 models are getting this upgrade in the near future?

As noted earlier, this HDR10+ firmware was an official PR announcement on the Samsung website for a late-2017 release however we have yet to see any progress towards achieving this promise.

userk1mElqBTAI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This would really be nice if you could ask someone and clarify this situation..

If you expect others to embrace new hdr format atleast you could embrace it yourself in your products.

userlnYbMeV5LJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same question… WILL there be an update to 2016 models???? wouldn't be the first time a promised feature doesn't reach the clients. I bought myself a 65KS9590.

userZ85XKycRqa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please clarify if a firmware update will indeed be released at some point for 2016 models?  I have a KS9800 series.

user0FYmd3cgAo
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The HDR 10+ firmware is already out on Samsung Korea site, 1209.0.

Just download it from them.

I have it installed on my KS-8000

userZ85XKycRqa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for this update!  How do you know it includes HDR10+?

daddio77
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you post a link?

userlWgxgPyKDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I personally have not updated to this firmware (currently on 1207). Apparently, this still does not have HDR10+ (nor does it have the HDR setting for the gaming setting)

FW 1209 - (should work for US Samsung sets according to anecdotal evidences from other various forums)