cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userpjM4lZJG1n
Constellation

Re: HDR10+ Support on Samsung KS8000 (2016 models)

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also in Australia with a KS8000 and am looking to take this to the fair trading tribunal, it would be good to have numbers to make a stronger case. I have tried addressing it with Samsung Australia and no resolution or answer to the promised update.

If you or anyone else in Aus are keen to join email me <EDIT>

userxp9QnEeLfs
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is anyone going to actually start a lawsuit? We need this update!

userKYda9e1geI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please excuse my ignorance, but what does this mean for HDR content?  Is my KS8000 displaying HDR or not?  If the unit doesn't support HDR10, what is it doing with the HDR signal received from Netflix or Amazon?  Thanks!

userQkicrpttIR
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HDR10+ much like rival Dolby Vision uses dynamic metadata, which basically means the HDR presentation will be far more accurate on supported titles.

Samsung publicly guaranteed that the 2016 KS range would get this update, which in turn would reassure potential buyers to purchase this TV.

It appears Samsung lied which is borderline criminal, and quite frankly shocking for such a big-name TV manufacturer.

userKYda9e1geI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks.  After I posted my reply I did find more info on HDR10+.  I thought when I bought this TV that it was HDR10 but now when I look into its parameters the material just references HDR1000 and not HDR10.  So how is it processing the image?  Is it losing some quality vs a HDR10 set? 

user9OLP5QlSxI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Honestly, we need to escalate this issue to as many AV related sites as we can; posting on this forum is absolutely waste of time.  People are still buying Samsung TVs while not knowing what they are getting themselves into, more people needs to be aware of Samsung will lie straight to your face in order to sell their products to you.  I'm completely done with buying samsung products from this point on, and I've been letting my friends and family members know about this experience.

userlWgxgPyKDW
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There was absolutely no speculation of future updates for HDR10+. It was officially announced by Samsung in their press release that this update is coming to the 2016 KS-series televisions. 

In my opinion, this must have been a marketing ploy to sell as much of their remaining 2016 inventory by telling the masses that HDR10+ will be pushed out to this line up. 

userANGyqaySWy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having a UK spec KS8000 that's little more than a year since I bought it, I too was angry and upset that Samsung pulled the plug on HDR10+ support on this set, and that's one of the reasons I too bought it having been aware of Samsung's statement in early 2017. Apparently it won't even support streaming HLG using BBC iPlayer in the UK, so I don't even get to watch the world cup in 4k! The only thing Samsung support on the KS8000 is broadcast HLG (HDR) which may or may not ever appear.

The petition is inching towards 1000 signatures - sign it if you haven't already. Not that I expect Samsung to take much notice though. Shame on you Samsung! I've owned 4 Samsung TV's now - and this could be my last one.

user9OLP5QlSxI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I seriouly doubt the petition matters...Samsung sold all their  remaining 2016 models after lied straight to the consumers; unfortunately alot people out there aren't fully aware what does it mean when they spend money on a Samsung product, let your friends and family know...The company I work for wouldn't be switching to Samsung vr headset from Oculus because of my experience; sometimes that's all it takes, apparently Samsung thinks they can pull stuff like this on their customers and gets away with it, link this thread to as many people as you can, make this tv the lastSamsung product you will buy, and spend your money on Samsung's competitors.

useryzhTQlfkC9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely agree with you, the best thing we can do is just not purchase Samsung TVs anymore that would be the only way to hit them where it hurts. I myself purchased 2 TVs this year an LG W and a Sony A1E and to be completely honest I did look at the Q8F but ultimately decided to pass on any Samsung TV products from now and the foreseeable future.

You'll notice that nothing actually separates 2016 from a 2017 or even 18 for that matter, they are all 120Hz 10bit panels with HDMI 2.0 so the only thing that holds your TV back is software. The way Samsung handles updates just doesn't work why not move all TVs to the current version of Tizen that way everyone gets new features such as Game Auto Switch or HDR 10+ and you wouldn't have problems with apps staying up to date.

Keeping your customer's happy equals possible future hardware sales not only that you would recommend them to friends and family which would be more possible purchases, an example I just purchased 2 new TV's had I've been happy with my passed purchase then I would have gotten 2 new TV's from Samsung instead.

They have a long record of lying to customers about features coming to their TVs that never actually come, a lot of broken promises. Remember how 2016 models would have Smartthings support so HDR 10+ was not the only thing scrapped and moved over to a newer line of products. Maybe we do have a CAL against this company because a lot of people purchased these products based on their lies. So I say  them .