cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: HELP! - TV Audio LAG - Sound Delayed too much at 0 delay setting!

After some back and forward emails with Samsung. They finally told me to update my FW via usb. Which will change it to 1351 I was on 1335.this has helped with mine it's not brilliant but better. I notice my other half says it's fine no. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/QE55Q80RATXXU/ the download is at the bottom of this page for the q80r

Highlighted
Constellation

Are you in the UK?  The link takes me to the UK support site.

Highlighted
Astronaut

SO, I had the same issue. I have a 32 inch that I just purchased. I did an optical cable to a MEE bluetooth converter and linked to my Bose speaker. All runs through my Apple TV 4th gen. I had a serious delay. All set to PCM and the audio delay adjustment was at 0. Still the issue persisted. I discovered the Apple TV has a Wireless sync feature. I went through the simple proceedure and it is perfect now. If you can run all of your apps through an Apple TV, this should solve your problem.

I spoke with the techs at Bose and they told me the think as you all know - there is always delay when going wireless. Just need to have the tools to deal with it.

Also I am told that the newer wireless sound bars have an additional audio delay setting built in. I do not know this for a fact, but if you are considering buying one or have one - might want to check.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also having this issue on my 65" 2018 Frame TV UN65LS03NAFXZA. Samsung support had me reset my TV which deleted all of my calibrations and all of my custom images. It took me a long time to put it back. Afterward they said I can put in a service request which is not free as mine is just out of warranty. Without resolution on this issue, we probably should consider moving completely away from Samsung products. I would also suggest that anyone considering a Samsung television monitor this issue prior to purchase.

Where is Samsung on this?

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the un65nu6900 model and with tvplus is the worst. I have to change the channel up and right back down to get audio to sync back up every ten minutes as the audio gets so out of sync it's aggravating. I have it connected to a surround sound and can't have tv speakers and surround going at the same time as I can't ever get audio matched. Today I noticed with spectrum same issue, audio and video were out of sync by 5 seconds I've tried to adjust the audio delay, changing from pcm to Dolby evt nothing is a permanent fix. I can't figure out why this hasn't been fixed yet! We chose Samsung for the quality of their products and spend that extra money for that, and yet we are stuck with this!? Hey SAMSUNG how about am update to fix this issue! 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I just purchased a Samsung UN82RU8000FXZA Flat 82-Inch with a Samsung Harman Kardon 3.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar HW-Q70R. I am having the same problem however my audio is only out of sync with the soundbar slightly but noticible. Any advise to fix is appreciated. I have both the soundbar and TV updated to latest firmware. 

Mark Kaplan
Constellation

So, this is a fix with anyone having delays on a Samsung tv with your fire stick. I have a 7 series Samsung tv, crystal uhd 4K. I’ve read so much stuff and these are the settings that just finally helped to where it’s perfect for me.

Within fire stick: go to settings, display and sounds, and go to audio, and keep navigation sounds on, surround sound onto Stereo. Within advanced audio, turn off volume leveler and dialogue enhancer. Also, you can go to applications and then click on managed installed applications and clear the cache for anything that isn’t 0, but be careful not to clear data. And then go to my fire tv in settings and restart the fire stick. My Fire stick is plugged into hdmi 2 e-Arc.

Samsung tv settings: Go to sound first and then sound output, select tv speaker. Go to sound mode and keep it at standard. Go to expert settings and make sure balance and equalizer are in the middle. Turn off HDMI e-Arc mode. Turn the digital output audio format to PCM. Turn the digital output audio delay to 0. Turn off auto volume and keep the sound feedback on Low.

Hope all this helps!
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you so much for sharing!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

You're welcome!

Highlighted
Constellation

Just wanted to add my voice here - I also am having this issue with my 2019 Q70R 75 inch tv.  I've done a TON of troubleshooting, and can confirm that the delay happens with any external source that is attempting to play Dolby Digital content (tested 5.1 and Atmos).  I tested this with a Samsung 4k disc player, xbox one x, and chromecast ultra.

I can recreate this with sonos playbar via optical, sonos arc via HDMI, and onkyo receiver via optical.  I am convinced the issue happens regardless of the external speakers that are being used.

I had a tech come out after opening a ticket, they confirmed it did not appear to be a hardware issue but that it is likely something to do with the software.

I also went ahead and made an (unlisted) youtube video to show the delay (not sure if we are allowed to put links here, so if somebody wants to see it I guess just message me), which I measured to be approximately 300ms. FWIW I work in the telephony industry and 200ms is the top end of what we would consider "acceptable" before you start running into crosstalk and other similar issues, so 300ms is very much noticable, and for me, I can't even watch a movie with this delay it's so distracting.

The ticket it still open, but I don't feel great about it.  Otherwise I love this tv.  PCM is *not* a good solution, although it removes the delay, it is a *stereo* track, as in, 2 channels.  Dolby uses either 5.1 or 7.1 for a completely different and significantly enhanced experience.

I'll try to update this post with whatever samsung responds with.