cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HELP! - TV Audio LAG - Sound Delayed too much at 0 delay setting!

I have the same issue with a Samsung F5300 TV connected to a Samsung N450 soundbar via HDMI(ARC).  The TV's default audio delay setting is 80ms delay.  That's fine when the digital output mode is set to PCM, but when it's set to Dolby, 80ms is too high.  And when I dial it back all the way to 0 there's still some audio lag.

Also, the TV and soundbar each have their own audio sync functions.  The soundbar is set to 0 also.  Just wondering whether it's recommended to adjust audio delay at the TV or the soundbar - or does it not really make a difference which I adjust.  For what it's worth, adjusting the TV's delay is easier, since the soundbar's sound mode setting options time out very quickly - making it hard to try various settings and evaluate their effects.  In ARC mode, the TV has its own equalizer screen that lets you adjust the soundbar's equalizer from the TV'a audio settings menu.  I had thought that the audio delay setting might work the same way, but I don't think it does.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the audio delay issue too on my UN55NU7100FXZA.  My sources include a TiVo Bolt, AppleTV (1080p), and a flash drive (via usb) with video files on it.  I then connect the TV via ARC to my Yamaha YAS-108 soundbar.   Happens on all sources.  Tonight I am going to first make sure the 1270.6 firmware has been installed (pretty sure I did that when it was released in August), then as a test I am going to disconnect the soundbar and see if the issue persists on the TV speakers.  If not, then I will try resetting my soundbar.  If it does persist to the speakers I am not sure what I will do as my warranty expired at the end of July.  

My wife is not bothered by it but the teeny bit of delay that I can perceive is annoying to me.

Highlighted
Astronaut

There needs to be a fix for this.....  I have a wh-Q90R used with a QN65Q7DR...  I have tried every combination I can think of to get rid of the audio lag while using Dolby.... seams we need a -250 to 0 scale in addition to the available 0 to 250 lag.  I can use PCM to almost get rid of the lag but the sound in this mode is not close to that in the DOLBY setting.  I have alot of money invested in these products to create a seamles install....  Its been a very fustrating process with no resolution from SAMSUNG.  I keep checking for an update to resolve.........  Nothing.  If anyone gets a solution or a real answer from Samsung please post!  

Highlighted
Constellation

Anyone find a solution? I have the same issue with a 2018 q7f. I put it on pcm and it's a little better like you guys said but it just bugs the woohoo out of me when I watch sports/ESPN. It's funny that Netflix and other apps are fine. It just does it with out spectrum box. I read all over and tried everything but I think it needs sometime of firmware update from Samsung. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi,

I have a LG TV and in the audio settings for sync control there is an option to turn bypass on which turns off the built in sound delay.  It only is avaiable when using the optical output; it is greyed out when using HDMI ARC.  I was wondering if there was a similar setting on your Samsung TV that you could try to see if that would help.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Samsung is the worst TV I bought I am totaly disappointed, I bought the top of the line 55ES8000, the audio lags, they don't support Youtube!!!! anymore this is the basic for god sakes.... Totaly disappointed will never buy again.

Highlighted
Constellation

Same problem! I just bought Samsung - 70" TV Model: UN70NU6070F and Samsung - 2.1-Channel Model:HW-M435 soundbar.

As stated, When using HDMI input to TV and optical output from TV to soundbar there is a  sync delay. Adjusting audio delay on soundbar only makes the delay worse. No settings on the TV under Audio->Expert help solve the issue. Since both products are Samsung purchased within the last month I thought there would be no issues.

Technical support chat arrived at the solution of scheduling a Samsung tech to come to my home.

Am I out of line thinking this is something that should just work 'out of the box?'

* Has ANYONE found a solution for this (new equipment, software/hardware update, etc) ? *

Maybe I have to get an optical switch and connect optical audio from each device directly to the soundbar. If this works then it is the TV introducing the delay. Am I the only one using optical audio?

Highlighted
Astronaut

I had to do this.  with all souces as optical and going through an optical switch.  i too am frustrated.  i tried bringing up with Samsung again.  but still no proper response.

Highlighted
Constellation

Follow up to this issue:  Samsung - 70" Class - LED - 6 Series - 2160p - Smart - 4K UHD TV with HDR
Model: UN70NU6070F HAS A DELAY ON THE OPTICAL AUDIO OUTPUT THAT CAN NOT BE COMPENSATED FOR WITH ANY AUDIO EQUIPMENT. When plugging optical audio into the Samsung soundbar directly from the source (Cable Box, Amazon Fire box, etc) the audio sync is OK. In fact, I had to add a 75 millisecond delay on the soundbar to sync the video. THE TV IS DEFECTIVE in this respect.  When adjusting the audio delay in the TV via sound -> expert settings, it makes the delay worse.  I asked Samsung chat support if they could run a test with these two Samsung devices (which I just purchased this month) and their solution (after cycle power, replace optical cable, etc) was for me to request a tech to come to my home.

BE AWARE.

So I'm going to have to re-cable everything to use HDMI for the sound source, and route a single HDMI cable through the soundbar then to the TV's HDMI input.  So I have to purchase an external HDMI switch for my three devices to route a single HDMI signal through the soundbar into one of the two HDMI inputs on the TV.

The biggest dissappointment is that Samsung neither acknowledged this issue nor was willing to run a test to duplicate the issue.  This is not old equipment, it was purchased in a brick and morter store this month.

Finally: Samsung had the time to write the code to fill the bottom third of my TV with ad's (rent this, rent that) which infuriates me, but could not find the time to test the BASE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE HARDWARE OF THE TV.

I am loyal Samsung customer, but this situation has me second guessing this brand loyalty.  Out of respect for Samsung I will not post the techincal chat transcript.... But if anyone asks I will be happy to, it is laughable.

Highlighted
Constellation

I had the same problem with my 50" Samsung 6 series that I just bought at a Black Friday Sale in 2019.

The audio was lagging behind the video and no matter what setting I tried in the "delay" option it didn't help ... it may have even made it worse. 

I finally fixed it, I think, by setting the TV to PCM ... and the audio was synced ... then I went back to BITSTREAM and now that too was synced!