cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: HELP! - TV Audio LAG - Sound Delayed too much at 0 delay setting!

FYI For some that are having issues as well:

No matter what I did I couldn't fix it with the audio setting so I took a chance and figured maybe the problem was with the frame rate, so I went to Picture Settings>> Enhanced Settings >> I originally have Motion Plus "off" And Digital Clean View on "AUTO" So I just turned off digital Clean View and toggled Motion Plus "on" then "Off" hoping it just needed a reset and it fixed it. (I have all types off Audio Delays on the TV on 0 and on Sound Bar at 0)

My TV Sound is all set to PCM Hope this helps

Highlighted
Astronaut

Turning off Motion Plus fixed the audio lag on my 2018 Samsung.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

Having the same problem with TV purchased 1 month ago.  UN32N5300.  Does anyone from Samsung even bother to read these posts and offer a solution?  Should I just return the TV to Best Buy???

Highlighted
Constellation

I purchased a QN65Q90RAFXZA in November 2019 and have the same issue.  No soundbar, using PCM audio, and delay set at 0.  Even turned off Digital Clean View and Auto Motion Settings.  

My father in law has a 6000 series 65" that he purchased in late 2018.  It has the same issue.

I mean, picture and audio are the two most fundamental components of a television.  The latter is seriously broken.  Unbelievable.

I purchased one of those cheap remotes to access the service menu.  Anyone know if there is an audio delay setting there?  If so, where is it?  

This is really unacceptable for such an expensive product and it doesn't seem like Samsung cares.   Maybe if a bunch of folks record a snippet of a news broadcast (where the lip sync issue is painfully obvious) and upload it to YouTube,  the videos will get shared/noticed. 

Highlighted
Constellation

I'll add my voice to this thread.  Newly (XMAS) purchased 2019 Q90R.  Audio is badly delayed with the delay setting set to zero.  Can't speed it up further  This TV is broken.  This  is TV speakers; no AVR in the loop.

Samsung, where are you on this??

Highlighted
Astronaut

I had to not use the audio return channel (ARC) HDMI input on my Samsung TV.  I run all inputs through my audio video receiver (AVR) to a non ARC input on the TV.  That is the only way I could eliminate the audio lag so that the lips move at the same time as the sound.  I have a UN55MU6071 Samsung TV.

Highlighted
Constellation

I am also experiencing audo delays on both my Q80R and Q90R with the Amazon Fire TV Stick 4k.  I've only been able to resolve the issues with work arounds (connecting the fire stick to my HW-Q80R soundbar instead or setting it to stereo mode instead of dobly digital).  However, I worry about how these apparent issues will impact future usage of these TVs.

I called samsung support but the tech blamed the amazon fire tv stick.  He said they do not investigate issues unless enough users report them or the issues are raised by their engineers internally.

Both TVs are on the newest firmware (1335).

Highlighted
Astronaut

Adding on. Audio is out of sync on basic Hulu streaming shows. Sometimes a show starts ok, then consistently falls out of sync after a commercial break. Internet speed is fine, just checked and its 100 mbps. Its also wired directly from the TV to the router. Running Hulu on a Samsung smart TV.  This is all over Hulu and this community board. Would love Samsung to take this seriously. Hulu has a ticket open on this issue since June 2019. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having the same issue q80r with a sonos beam. Back and forward with them at the minute but they claim to know nothing about it 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a samsung Q9FN running to a pioneer surround sound setup and experiencing the same delay. I've tried all kinds of combinations and adjustments trying to fix the issue. So far I havent had any success. Does Samsung monitor these forums. I've got a lot of money in this setup and it would be nice if it worked!!