cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: HELP! - TV Audio LAG - Sound Delayed too much at 0 delay setting!

Agreed it's most certainly the internal Dolby decoder.  2020 model tvs have a passthrough option to let your receiver do the decoding.  2019 models do not.  Of course my TV is a 2019 model.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have a KU6300 60inch and it does the same thing.

On Samsung TVPlus, It'll start out right, and then slowly get out of sync so bad until I change the channel back and forth. It doesn't matter what the delay option is set at.

Connected  to any receiver or sound bar it doesn't matter what it's set on it out of sync so bad no surround sound on any input. It's ridiculous! This needs a fix and quick! We spent  good money on these devices and mainly because of trusting the Samsung badge. Now we are stuck with audo out of sync of our tvs.  Time for an update Samsung! 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Which soundbar do you use? As a best practice ensure that all Samsung devices are fully up to date. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I'm having similar issues. I have Samsung q60r tv. I had an old Denon AVR 1200 and thought that was maybe the issue. Now I have a just released Denon AVR 3700x. My setup is via eARC. I'm using a high quality hdmi hdmi rated for 48gb. My devices are hooked to the tv. PS4 and cable box.

The delay of the audio is about 500ms. I have set lipsync to 0 and even turned off  audio delay settings on the AVR.

I'm surprised how horrible the delay is. Setting the audio mode to PCM removes the delay but exposes another issue with the TV. It fails to properly send the raw PCM data to the AVR because it can't decode other than stereo.

Samsung developers please contact me if you need any information. This should be resolved. It's so frustrating.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Samsung refuses to release eARC for their 2019 models as they have moved onto their 2020 models.  Sell your TV, buy LG and stop supporting this terribly customer unfriendly company.  It's an expensive lesson learned for all of us.  

Highlighted
Constellation

I just purchased a new 2019 65" q90r Samsung TV and even tho the picture is stellar,  I found out about this awful Audio Sync issue. Can't Delay audio into a Negative number!  The only way around it is to have everything routed to the HDMI inputs on my Samsung soundbar.

I do not want to use an optical cable, due to Dolby Atmos.

My Firmware version is 1361.

Hope Samsung will do the right thing and fix this!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

I bought a TU7000 about 2 weeks ago and have had terrible sync issues.  I have Roku and TiVo connected to the TV with HDMI, both using Dolby Digital. The TV is connected to a Samsung sound bar with an optical cable. As advised by Samsung support, pulling out all of the HDMI cables and pulling the power cable from the tv for 30 seconds fixed Roku sync issues, but the TiVo was still terribly delayed. I reduced the delay setting in the tv from 100 (default) to 0 but it was still not enough.  

Today I figured out a "fix": I went into Settings > Sound > Sound Output and changed it from Optical to TV Speaker. I turned the TV to 0 volume. The TV apparently still outputs through the optical cable and the sync is fixed!  I tested putting it back to Optical Output and the sound is delayed. I tested 5.1 videos on my TiVo and surround us working and sync is perfect. This must be a bug in the firmware.

Highlighted
Constellation

I have identical combination of settings and outputs does not fix the delay on my NU8000, but the noticeable delay is there. Definitely a firmware issue, which, as hearing from your reports they fixed in the TU series. Well I guess they *** over older models now so there is no chance for an update 🤷‍♀️

Highlighted
Astronaut

Might have something to try...

On a smaller HD only TV we were experiencing Audio Delay.

Went into the HDMI Input Audio Format. 

HDMI INPUT AUDIO was set to PCM, and Digital Output Audio Format was set to Dolby Digital.  After changing them both to PCM, it seemed to fix the problem.

Hope this helps some of you.

So annoying.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

I'm facing this issue also. Purchased a 65Q85R which is connected via HDMI ARC to a Sonos Beam. Dolby Digital 5.1 over external HDMI (e.g. Xbox One X) suffers major audio lag. If I bypass the TV and connect directly to the Beam the lag is removed. Really frustrating, especially considering based on the various posts how long Samsung customers have been dealing with this.

Workaround at this stage is to use an HDMI switch to bypass the TV when using an external device. Really shouldn't have to though, pretty basic stuff (considering DTS isn't supported and DD's your only option!).