cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

How to delete a source from the source list

Trying to connect my Apple TV 4K and it's coming up as Direct TV on the source list. I unplugged it and waited a few minutes, and plugged it back in and it's still coming up as Direct TV. I have it unplugged as of now, but Direct TV is still listed as a source. Is there any way to delete it? 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: How to delete a source from the source list

Just out of curiosity do you have Direct TV? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

That's the weird part, I don't have Direct TV.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Thank you for clarifying, I would recommend a factory reset on the TV and it should get rid of that source option. Also, make sure nothing is connected to the TV before you connect the Apple TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Unfortunately doing a factory reset did not work. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

One last question what all do you have connected to the TV? Also, do you have a coaxial cable cord hooked up to the TV? 

Highlighted
Constellation

I have the cable box, ps4, and Apple TV connected to the tv, all using and hdmi cord. No coaxial cable cord. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What is your current software version, also just to make sure another external device is causing this can you unplug all other devices? 

Highlighted
Constellation

Software version is T-KTMAKUC-1280.5 BT-S

everything else is unplugged 

Highlighted
Constellation

I am having the same problem with my Q80T.  This question has not been answered satisfactorily.   How are unused or incorrect sources deleted from the Source list?  Not the Apps list!