cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

I have light bleeding horn shaped outlines on UN49KU7000FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I really hate them. Right now, I have 3 uniformly placed horn or maybe fluttering flag shaped outlines of the exact same shape and size. On the bottom left edge of the screen 1 of them is a mirror image of the other on its side so is flipped to facing the other way. On the right side of the screen I only have 1 but it is placed so uniform that you can imagine that if you were to draw a vertical line down the middle and fold the tv in half along the line, it would line up perfectly on top of one of the other markings.  It kind of looks like this if you picture the Brackets here are the edges of my tv frame and the parentheses are the markings on the bottom edge I spoke of. 

[) (    (]

Anyway, I imagine that the markings, given their uniformity and that you could easily imagine a 4th appearing just to the left of the farthest right marking, that it some how is bleeding the outline of frame brackets within the television. That's my best theory anyway. I'm no expert and am livid that it developed this only after 2 years. I thought Samsung televisions were supposed to be quality. I was saving up to get a Q8 or Q9 so I could get full HDR for the PS5 but I dont know now. I was super careful with my tv and don't know what causes this or the fix. It is annoying whenever there is brightness near the bottom of my screen. Somebody please help if you can.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: I have light bleeding horn shaped outlines on UN49KU7000FXZA

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! So that we can avoid confusion please let us continue to speak in private messaging. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does this happen on all sources, inputs and the picture test? How long have they been showing up on the TV?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, it happens in all sources regardless of HDMI, App and input. I dont know what picture test you are referring to but would wager it would be a constant there as well. It has been like this since about 2 years after purchase and has gradually become worse as it used to be only one horn marking. I thought UN49KU7000FXZA was the full number. Here is a photo.

20200324_105705.jpg

20200324_105540.jpg

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey! So that we can avoid confusion please let us continue to speak in private messaging. 

View solution in original post