cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Iink stripe and vertical lines

This TV UN75MU8000FXZA is close to 2 years old I hardly turn it on other than some weekends.

I turn it on synday and noticed they are pink and white vertical lines on the left side close to center.

Does anyone know what maybe wrong? I've seen all kinds of similar issues after a quick search.

I have been installing and telling my clients to buy samsung tv's as they are the best and I have 4 samsung tv's in my home. Never seen that problem before. Support was always Great other than this as is out of warranty and basicaly was told sol.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Iink stripe and vertical lines

2 causes most of the time. 1: theres some other device near it i.e. a PS4 or a Blu Ray player or a Speaker. the Magnet inside maybe be pulling at the screen. 2: the Main Power Supply Unit(power cord) and/or the connection right inside the tv is corroded and needs cleaned. Try buying and swapping out the power supply cord first as it's the easiest, if the problem still persists and you are under warranty send it to Samsung and have them clean it. if no longer under warranty there are walkthroughs online on how to take off back of tv and clean. sounds complicated but really isn't (45 minutes tops) and after you do it once you could probably do it again in 15 minutes. Dust gets on the power supply connection and needs cleaned occasionally and it's the equivalent of having to clean an old school 8-bit Nintendo game. Hope this Helps.
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: Iink stripe and vertical lines

I checked all the connections, replaced the power cable there was no dust but i blew compressed air on all connections and boards with the back cover off but nothing made a difference!!

20201102_112627.jpg

20201102_112558.jpg

20201102_112627.jpg

The stripe is on the right side of the TV the picture was taking with the TV upside down.

Is a shame to waste that kind of money on a tv that only has maybe 75hours of running time.

And for Samsung not taking any action on repairing this model of tv's after seeing similalar issues from other owners.