cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Decrow
Asteroid

Intermittent Black Screen on a TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model UN55JU6400FXZA.  I'm also having an issue with the intermittent black screen, I have not noticed if there is still audio, but when I power OFF the TV, then ON, my screen is normal.  I experienced this multiple time on HDMI 1 (cable) within the last few days, and once or twice with HDMI 2 (Xbox) in the last few months.  I’ll have to check if I can get menu or switch sources when this happens.  You mentioned about it possibly being the external source, can you please elaborate (HDMI cable, cable box, etc.)?

Thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart tv screen went black, has audio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have moved your message to a new thread because this is a different issue than the other post. Also, the external sources is refereeing to a blu ray player, cable boxs, and etc. As for this issue, please try the following. 

If you are able to access your settings, please make sure you have the newest firmware on your device. 

Important: The Software Update section of the menu will not be available (grayed out):

During the first 30 seconds after the TV has been turned on.

If the Smart Hub is open

Change the TV to the TV source before attempting a firmware update.

To upload the firmware onto your TV follow these steps:

Confirm that your TV is connected to your home network

Using the TV's remote control press the MENU button to open the Main Menu.

Select Menu in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

Using the navigation pad select Support to enter the sub menu.

Note: This menu section will be grayed out for the first 30 seconds after the TV is powered on and if the Smart Hub is open. Wait 30 second before attempting an upgrade and exit the Smart Hub.

Using the navigation pad on the remote, select Software Update.

By default Update Now will be highlighted, if it is not; select Update Now to begin the update process. A message will appear on your screen stating "Checking For Update"

Important: If the message appears "There are no new updates..." there are no firmware updates available for your television available on the Update Server.

After finding the firmware, your TV will display a message stating that "Valid version found..." and ask if you would like to update. Press ENTER on the OK option to accept and begin the installation or select Cancel to exit.

After the firmware finishes installing your TV will power off and then power back on.

If this does not help continue to the next post. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

43 REPLIES 43
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have moved your message to a new thread because this is a different issue than the other post. Also, the external sources is refereeing to a blu ray player, cable boxs, and etc. As for this issue, please try the following. 

If you are able to access your settings, please make sure you have the newest firmware on your device. 

Important: The Software Update section of the menu will not be available (grayed out):

During the first 30 seconds after the TV has been turned on.

If the Smart Hub is open

Change the TV to the TV source before attempting a firmware update.

To upload the firmware onto your TV follow these steps:

Confirm that your TV is connected to your home network

Using the TV's remote control press the MENU button to open the Main Menu.

Using the navigation pad select Support to enter the sub menu.

Note: This menu section will be grayed out for the first 30 seconds after the TV is powered on and if the Smart Hub is open. Wait 30 second before attempting an upgrade and exit the Smart Hub.

Using the navigation pad on the remote, select Software Update.

By default Update Now will be highlighted, if it is not; select Update Now to begin the update process. A message will appear on your screen stating "Checking For Update"

Important: If the message appears "There are no new updates..." there are no firmware updates available for your television available on the Update Server.

After finding the firmware, your TV will display a message stating that "Valid version found..." and ask if you would like to update. Press ENTER on the OK option to accept and begin the installation or select Cancel to exit.

After the firmware finishes installing your TV will power off and then power back on.

If this does not help continue to the next post. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please test all sources and see if you have this issue. If you do not, please check these connections. 

If you do have this issue on all sources, please try factory resetting your device. 

How To Perform A Factory Reset

To perform a Factory Reset, follow these steps:

With the TV on, press MENU/123 on the TV remote.

Use the navigation pad to select the Support section of the Menu.

Use the navigation pad to select the Self Diagnosis.

Use the navigation pad to select Reset.

Note: You will use the on-screen virtual remote to enter your code.

The TV will ask you to enter your security PIN if you have not changed this the default will be 0000 if you have changed it enter in your four digit security code.

The Factory Reset screen appears displaying a warning message. Understand that all your settings revert to factory settings if you run the Factory Reset function.

Use the navigation pad to highlight Yes.

After the TV completes the Factory Reset, it powers itself off. When you power the TV on for the first time after the Factory Reset, the Setup screen appears just as if you had turned the TV on for the first time.

userwWmmWhSks0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please explain to me how we are supposed to do a factory reset on a TV that has a black screen! You can't see anything on the screen!

user41dHMgM9JW
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Today, Nov 18/18 I opened a new NU8000 and the screen flashes to black every 10 to 20 seconds. The black screen can last from half a second up to 3 seconds. Updates are current. What’s the solution??
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you plugged into an outlet or a surge protector?  

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.  

usererKEiI9InY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello

i have the same TV with the same problem.  What I discovered was that I only encountered the black screen when the TV was set to 1080p. On 1080i it was fine. My Telus box says it can handle 1080p but there is an issue somewhere. Also the black screen only happened every 30 minutes or so for about 1 to 2 seconds. Software is up to date so I just live with the 1080i setting. Not as good though. 

Decrow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Drew,

I will check for a software update after work.

Thank you for the quick response.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Finally, if you still have this issue after all these steps. Your device will need to be serviced. If you would like to set this device up for service you can do this here: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/request  If would like to speak to one of our agents directly, you can do this here: smsupport@sea.samsung.com.