cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Black Hole

Re: Smart tv screen went black, has audio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@useryxOIjEkYi9: Do you still need help with this? 

userzHJfsLIStd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having this problem on UN46EH5300. It just started today and the black screen flashes are getting more and more frequent until now they are only a few sEconds apart. Sound is fine. Screen goes black for a sEcond or two then comes back for a few sEconds. I tried factory reset but that didn't help. I turned off the Eco sensor, but that didn't stop it, either. I'm hoping there's another answer.

My internet and wi-fi are working fine elsewhere. This happens in tv, smart hub, and firestick modes.

Decrow
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The software is up to date, it happened once over this past weekend, but this time I believe it was due to the kids playing with the remote, and shutting OFF the TV.  I'm continuing to monitor the TV.

usermGNHGhrFbg
Astronaut

Re: Intermittent Black Screen on a TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was having the same issue with  my 65 inch. I actually had Samsung contact me on the phone and they had me reset my TV and turn off all the ECO setting in the TV. Since I have done that I have not noticed the screen going black yet. It has been 2 days since i did this adjustment.

user9205tpkjJO
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How did you reset it and turn off the eco?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user9205tpkjJO The TV can be reset by going to Settings>System>Reset>Enter PIN(Default is 0000). The eco mode will depend on the model of the television. Is it also a UN55JU6400FXZA?

userUOMKNjwE3y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having trouble with blackouts on my TV I can hear just fine but I can't see anything .. happens with the Cable TV on and when I have my HDMI cable attached from my laptop .. can someone please help me out .. my tv is older so it doesn't have the smart hub etc.. so the solutions that were above don't apply for me..and even if they  did the screen doesn't stay long enough for me to do anything (I'm from Canada)

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userUOMKNjwE3y Have you tried unplugging all connections and power for 5 minutes and then trying again?

userUOMKNjwE3y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I tried that and so far so goo.. I didn't even think to do that as this issue had only been happening for a few days to me thank you
userUOMKNjwE3y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did the unplugging .. and it lasted for only a day and now keeps going off even after unplugging ... what is going on .. is this a fault in your television's