cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxmiCnYZ2HO
Astronaut

Re: Smart tv screen went black, has audio

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue.  The screen has turned to black and I am unable to try a factory reset because well, it's black.  Help?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userxmiCnYZ2HO, if you press the menu button does the tv menu come up or does the screen stay blank?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you still needing assistance with the television?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

DIEHL-DO77
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv too is doing this. At first I just noticed it on the game source and was blaming my gaming console, but now it's doing it on all sources. Tried everything listed here as a solution and it still does it and more often now. 😞

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@DIEHL-DO77   We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user3iXP6NHJY5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just picked up my 43NU6900 from Best Buy.

i have the same thing. I’m not sure if it is doing it in TV mode, but definitely min the HDMI slot.

im feeding it from an AMD Radeon HD7700 series card. Display port to HDMI cable.

i have seen a few of these threads while goggling the problem. It has been occurring on different models and over a few years, at least. I see the moderators asking questions as if this is a new issue, but it looks like it’s common. Maybe not for everybody, but enough to generate all these complaints.

i have upgrade the software, and tried these fixes. No difference. 

Pare there any links available to actual fixes for this? 

Im disappointed, and hope I don’t have to return it. The picture was great.

but.....

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user3iXP6NHJY5 From personal experience, your issue is likely the display port adapter/cable. I would recommend trying a different set and updating your graphics driver. 

user3iXP6NHJY5
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks, Gill. The one I got was new, from Best Buy. But, I picked up a quality, and one up to spec, for sure this morning, and will try again tonight. I will let you know.

thx

userHw8qVUPTLr
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

picked up the following tv at best buy and am having the same isses

the model was samsung 43 nu6900. swithced cabels and uploaded latest ssoftware wit no luck.

looks like iw ill be returning, very disappointed .

infamous_pb
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having the same exact problem! I have a Samsung - 75" Class - LED - NU8000 Series (UN75NU8000FXZA).  I purchased it from Best Buy (at Sanford, Florida) around November of 2018.  Everything was fine except around December 2018/January 2019, my TV said that there was a firmware update.  I updated and noticed the problem. This is what happens:

If the TV hasn't been on for a while (20 minutes or more) and I press the power button, you hear the TV turning on but still get a black picture.  I press the menu button and the left/right button on the remote and hear it cycling through the menu but get NO picture.  HOWEVER, if I turn off the TV and turn it back on - it works.  The TV will continue to work (turning off and on) as long as it hasn't been turned off in a while.  If I turn off the TV for about 20 minutes (or more) and try it again, the same problem happens.

Here are a few things I have done:  I checked to see if there was any more firmware updates.  There were none.  I reset the TV to factory defaults - same problem.  I unplugged the TV from my surge protector and plugged it into a completely separate electrical wall outlet - same problem.  I've unplugged ALL HDMI cables - waitied 20 minutes - and get the same problem.

Again, this only happens on the initial boot / start up of the TV.  If you immediately turn the TV off and then back on, it will work.

Thinking it was a bad TV, I returned the TV back to Best Buy (at a completely separate Best Buy - this time at Daytona Beach, Florida).  I set it all up and downloaded and installed the latest firmware.  I turned off the TV for a while and turned it back on AND THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM HAPPENS!!!  HOW?!  I even reset the second TV back to factory defaults and did all the same troubleshooting steps as above and nothing has changed.

Below is a recording showing precisely what is happening:
https://youtu.be/v4kcUCf3Osg

Again, for reference, it is a Samsung UN75NU8000.  The software/firmware is the latest: T-KTM2AKUC-1202.3, BT-S

Could it be the firmware?!  If it's something internal and needs to be serviced/fixed, how is it possible that it's happening on two different Samsung UN75NU8000 TVs that were purchased from two different places?!  What are the odds?!  What are my next steps?

Thanks...

I have a Samsung - 75" Class - LED - NU8000 Series (UN75NU8000FXZA). I purchased it from Best Buy (at Sanford, Florida) around November of 2018. Everything was fine except around December 2018/January 2019, my TV said that there was a firmware update. I updated and noticed the problem. This is ...