cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Internet Connection

I have a QN65Q6FNA and over the past few months I have been having interruptions in my internet connection.

I already went through my cable service provider and there are no issues on that end; my TV is the only device having issues.  The TV is up to date on software.

Any advice is appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Internet Connection

I'm sorry to hear that, can I have your current software version number? Also, are you trying to connect to 2.4ghz or 5ghz? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

So Verizon has this thing where a common WiFi name is used for both 2.4 and 5 gHz, and it switches to whichever is faster.  As I'm typing this, I'm wondering if that is the issue.  I'll try reverting to the standard WiFi mode.  Do you recommend 2.4 or 5gHz for the TV?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

2.4 GHz as our TVs do not support 5 GHz. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Constellation

Thanks.  I've turned off "Self-Organizing Network".  I assume it was switching me into 5gHz and that's why my signal was dropping. Will report back.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You are welcome please keep me updated!