cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaBrA
Asteroid

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Every device know that when wifi is lost it has to re connect. Only Samsung ones don't do this. 

I already said this but my only two devices that had problems with wifi are a printer and a tv. Both Samsung.

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Firmware Update 1240 was put on Samsung's web site on 8-8.  I just discovered it on 8-13.  Not sure why Samsung can't push these out to the TVs but,  it again required a download and copy/ paste to a flash drive.  

In any event, it appears to fix the intermittent failure to find the network. After about, 15 to 20 power on events over the past two days, the  UN32M530DAF successfully found my wireless 5G network every time.  This is the original router based network where the router is 15 feet away.

Hey Forum Moderators;  It would be great if there was some kind email sent to us about these updates.  Our Samsung accounts contain our email address.  How 'bout it? 

Libertas
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So for those of us who want to do the update on the TV itself and not have to do it via a separate process, when will that be available?

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Libertas wrote:

So for those of us who want to do the update on the TV itself and not have to do it via a separate process, when will that be available?

SAMSUNG; Please respond!  Why aren't these updates accessible through the TV's internal update process and why is there not an email announcement about them?  Is that something else that is broken in Samsung devices?

The only way I have found to determine if there are any updates is to periodically go to the Samsung web site, enter my TV model number and see if there is any new update. .. what a pain. 

With the past two updates, once I saw them on their web site, I immediately went to the TV to see if the udate was there.  All I get is "No New Updates".  

Why does Samsung make this soooo bloody difficult?

userEGuxVKnx2R
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just wanted to add that my Samsung 65mu8500 has had WiFi connection issues since I bought it in May of this year. At this point, I’d be better off connecting a Roku to it. I bought  a Samsung over cheaper options for quality and reliability, but I’m getting the opposite. 

userk41qxKV0At
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

hey are you talking about ver 1239.9 update ?
I don't see any update 1240 on Samsung website ?

I have a QLED Q7

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userk41qxKV0At wrote:

hey are you talking about ver 1239.9 update ?
I don't see any update 1240 on Samsung website ?

I have a QLED Q7

Apparently, Samsung updates are unique to the model number of the TV.  I just checked again yeaterday and for mine, it's 1240.   For my model number, I don't see any 1239.9 on their web site. 

userbKNrDeWJO2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
How were you able to get the tv to recognize the file in the usb? Mine can’t seem to see it. I have followed all the steps. Thanks for all your work on this topic
Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Make sure you're using a clean flash drive.  I reformatted mine a couple of upgrades back.  Only the most current update should be there.  If I recall, I inserted it in the USB before I turned on the TV.  From there, I think, as soon as I went to Update, it recognized the file.

@userbKNrDeWJO2 wrote:
How were you able to get the tv to recognize the file in the usb? Mine can’t seem to see it. I have followed all the steps. Thanks for all your work on this topic

Highlighted
useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same network drop issues with my brand new Q7F and Q9F. I even went out and bought a new Netgear extender, thinking that I didn't have sufficient WIFI coverage for my home.  I was wrong about that. I first tried setting my DNS Server manually to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, but the network was still dropped each day.  I finally manually input a static IP address (for example 168.2.1.77) into the TV's Network setting and it worked. I haven't had a network drop since. Samsung TVs seem to have an issue with negotiating IP addresses with Tri-Band Wifi Routers (2.4 GHz and two 5.0 GHz bands). I have the Netgear X6 AC 3200 Router. I hope that this helps.