cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libertas
Halo

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So what kind of router would Samsung NOT have an issue with if we dont know how to do that thing you did?

What would it be called exactly?

Highlighted
useri0ebm9sR22
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can use a 2.4 GHz, 5GHZ, 2.4GHZ/5GHz, or the Netgear Tri-Band Router that I have and would still probably have the wifi connection drop issue.  My Q9F and Q7F both had a problem with dropping the wifi connection every day until I setup the static IP address.  Its weird because my first Q9F (may 2018) did not have the wifi drops, but after a Samsung technician broke it (July 2018), the replacement (August 2018) out of the box dropped the wifi connection daily.  The static IP address fixed the problem. My new Q9F is actually searching for an IP address that isn't even part of my network (192.168.X.X).  It isn't even close to what my network is. That's what forced me to setup the static IP address and it worked flawlessly. No drops in almost two weeks with my new Q9F so far and no drops with my Q7F for three months now.

user0PPYms6qYc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

to me that sounds like whatever firmware version you had in May worked and whatever firmware versoin the replacement had was garbage and had code errors breaking the wifi.

user0PPYms6qYc
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

make that in August not July....  anyway, it could have updated the firmware  automatically breaking the code controlling the wifi connection.  I have a brand new UN50NU6900 still in the box.  Before I even connect it to a network I am checking the firmware version and if possible shutting off auto-updates.  Everyone is being told to update their software version, my guess is downgrading to a version BEFORE all this started happening is a better option.  of course, customers should not have to do regression testing of Samsungs code but it seems they have not done it themselves....

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@user0PPYms6qYc wrote:

make that in August not July....  anyway, it could have updated the firmware  automatically breaking the code controlling the wifi connection.  I have a brand new UN50NU6900 still in the box.  Before I even connect it to a network I am checking the firmware version and if possible shutting off auto-updates.  Everyone is being told to update their software version, my guess is downgrading to a version BEFORE all this started happening is a better option.  of course, customers should not have to do regression testing of Samsungs code but it seems they have not done it themselves....

In light of all of these negative posts, it would seem that buying a Samsung doesn't make much sense.

In my case, the UN32M530DAF  is a 2017 model that I purchased 3-26-18.  It was the only 32 in. on the market that has a 120 hz. refresh rate.  It was my bad for not reviewing these comments beforehand.  

I had wifi connectivity problems right out of the box and only subsequent firmware updates up to 1250 seems to resolve it.   Good luck with "auto update" it only worked the first time for me.  After that, it was only via USB flash drive. 

userbKNrDeWJO2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My tv still will not recognize the update file on the usb. I am using a Samsung thumb drive. I downloaded the file to my pc. Unzipped it to the usb. Plugged it in to my tv both off and on. Manually selected update now. Answered yes to “search usb for update files”. Tv says no new updates. Still on firmware 1220.  

I can’t figure out why my tv won’t find the file on the usb

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@ userbKNrDeWJO2 Can you send in Private Message the full model and serial numbers of your television through this Link I would be happy to look into it. 

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungHeath wrote:

@ userbKNrDeWJO2 Can you send in Private Message the full model and serial numbers of your television through this Link I would be happy to look into it. 

Finally, after about 2 months,  a Samsung Forum Moderator has responded.

More to the point to this user's issue, why is it that the online Update function within the TV fails to recognize these updates even when there is a solid internet connection?  That is definately true with my UN32M530DAF.

userbKNrDeWJO2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How were you able to get the tv to recognize the file in the usb? Mine can’t seem to see it. I have followed all the steps. Thanks for all your work on this topic

PMoD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Doesn't appear anybody from Samsung gives the slightest of a concern.  This forumn is just here so we can gripe and/or find our own solutions.  I've just ripped my cable service and ISP a new one only now to find out this is an issue with my TV.

Doesn't make sense though, as it shows connection to the router, just no internet access. 

Anyhow, I'm going for a direct connection to the smart hub.  Just no longer worth the hassle.