cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userDDBl1I5OX0
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've been dealing with my new Samsung Q6 TV repeatedly disconnecting from my wifi.  I read this board and searched around for a solution everywhere.  I tried all the recommendations and nothing helped.  Finally, this is what I did to solve the problem (for me anyway).  I went into my Xfinity browser and put in the address: 10.0.0.1.  Find the 2.4 Ghz tab and change the channels from "auto" to channel 11.  That's it!  If you have another internet provider, the browser address may be different.  Just make sure to pick a channel greater than Channel 10.

Hope this works for other people.  I've been working on this for 2 weeks and BTW, Customer Service was horrible and of NO help.

Highlighted
Mazrim
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userDDBl1I5OX0 wrote:

I've been dealing with my new Samsung Q6 TV repeatedly disconnecting from my wifi.  I read this board and searched around for a solution everywhere.  I tried all the recommendations and nothing helped.  Finally, this is what I did to solve the problem (for me anyway).  I went into my Xfinity browser and put in the address: 10.0.0.1.  Find the 2.4 Ghz tab and change the channels from "auto" to channel 11.  That's it!  If you have another internet provider, the browser address may be different.  Just make sure to pick a channel greater than Channel 10.

Hope this works for other people.  I've been working on this for 2 weeks and BTW, Customer Service was horrible and of NO help.

What if it's on a 5Ghz wifi band?

usermnTrqOZm3I
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Was you able to fix the problem?

Dave R
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usermnTrqOZm3I wrote:

Was you able to fix the problem?

No, Samsung still needs to fix it. I worked around it by using a range extender hardwired to the TV.

user3XuqFKgRNe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I was having this problem and it was driving me mad as I used a Google Home device to turn my TV on and off and every couple days it just wouldn't do it and I'd have to reset the TV with the long press on the power button on the remote. I tried some of the suggestions on here, such as the manually inputting the DNS address and was still the same story - a day or two later disconnected. I was about to buy an extender with an ethernet port before I tried one thing that seems to have done the trick. I logged into my router settings and created a 'Guest Network'. The only device connected to the separate guest network is my TV. One week later and it still hasn't disconnected, which is a record. 

userZPqduhAo8A
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Potential FIX for some

Was having the exact problem as expressed across this entire thread. Woudl lose connection a few minutes after tuning on TV....heck sometimes i woudl turn on and it would not even connect. I have a 2018 75" Q9F....essentially their top of line. Frustrated to no end

But the answer for me had been posted in this thread...so i can't take credit.

The fix: I logged into my router and switched my channel from "auto" to a fixed digit (i think it was around 141).

And that did it. no drop outs since

Still incredibly frustrating that Samsung has such poor software engineers/QA. Every other  wifi system in the house from my Sonos to Alexa has no issues.... ever. Just shows how cheap Samsung is that they don't even try.....and that they rely on the community to fix their network problems

Hope this might help

userWynVJvUXi5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

With 3 different Samsung TV, all of them unable to remember or reconnect to Wif - the only thing to fix for me was to change the wifi to not be hidden.

So this is a security issue, and Samsung TV are unable to connect to wifi with hidden SID. 

Setup again and it will connect, but at power off and on, or sometimes it just drops out and are unable to connect to Wifi network.

So the workaround was to create a guest wifi network without hidden SID - showing the world that Samsung TV Wifi are unsecure.

It's NOT a Smart-TV - All other devices and TV's are able to use the same network with hidden SID, so this is very indead a Samsung Issue. 

All TV's have latest firmware, tested with different channels , with and without special chars in SID name and even simple passwords.. only showing the SID to the world helps.

userKPpah2A45e
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. There are 435 replies to this thread - did anyone find a good solution? Other than never buying Samsung again?

GanderSEA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same exact problem with my tv. I just finished a remote session with a Samsung tech.  What he did, according to him, to "solve the problem" was to remotely enter my television and set the Instant On option from "On" to "Off."  Time will tell if this solution actually fixes the problem.  My fingers and toes are all crossed!  Hope this helps.

usercPpONiyhjC
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done everything people have recommended and it may work for a day or two but that’s it.  I am sure Samsung knows what the problem is but it must be to expensive. I have yet to talk to a Samsung Smart TV Owner that has not had this problem.  The majority of the Samsung TV owners are not engineers so to expect sustainers to get into their routers and even turn WPS on is unrealistic.  I have 5 Samsung TV and will not purchase another.  Anyone have a good Smart TV that works?  What brand is it?