cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rsfaze
Constellation

Re: Series 7 Samsung TV (UN55RU7100F) losing Wi-Fi connection after 1303 software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

allows the tv to turn on in about 1/4 of the time. turning it off the tv has to boot up like a computer does each time when turned on vs your computer resuming from sleep mode. 

JonFields45
Constellation

Re: Series 7 Samsung TV (UN55RU7100F) losing Wi-Fi connection after 1303 software update

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I Googled how to turn off "instant on" for a Samsung TV but the instructions don't map onto the menu I see with my Series 7 set.  I went through the entire "General" submenu and did not find instant-on mentioned (I also checked "picture", "sound" and "support").

JonFields45
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung did contact me directly.  As of yesterday they said they've been able to reproduce the problem but as yet don't have a fix for it.

rsfaze
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

lucky you, they told me they don't know of any issue =\

Highlighted
Libertas
Halo

Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

UN55KU600DFXZA and UN65KS800DFXZA neither will stay connected to wifi, while everything else in the house does.

Have to constantly disconnect from power and reconnect, it is the only way.

Help.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the current software on both televisions?

Libertas
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

so a soft reset is turn on, let it stay on a few seconds and then hold down power button till it goes off and back on?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A soft reset is: with your television on, unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. 

Libertas
Halo

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bummer, mine is on the wall, only way to do that is go to circuit breakers and kill the power to that part of the house.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had success with the hold down the power button, and disconnecting from the network and then setting it up again would sometimes buy me a day or two.  I would try manually inputing your DNS from your wireless router into the settings on your tv.  People have also had success with google's 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4.  I got tired of resetting every night, still had the issues regardless of DNS settings, and Samsung was no help.  I got a wifi extender and use that to make a wired connection.  If your TV is mounted, that is probably not a very reasonalbe option for you. 

I have no idea what the issue is, but this board is littered with similar complaints and smart TV that can't connect to the interenet is pretty pointless.