cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userFV100VBrp9
Constellation

Re: Why my new Samsung TV's wont stay connected to WIFI ? ?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having similar issue where wifi cuts out for a few seconds frequently and then connects back

Q9FN 65"

software version is T-KTM2AKUC-1202.3

it is not a BW issue as I can network test and wifi tests at about 50Mbps capable for the TV and real time monitor shows TV is only downloading 5 - 10Mbps while streaming

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userFV100VBrp9 Have you tried updating the software version? The newest one available is 1251.0 

userFV100VBrp9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried checking for updates 2 days ago and the TV said none were available

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can install it via a USB Flash drive. You can find the file here: Link

You will need an empty USB Flash Drive.

Download the file from the link above

Once it is downloaded, right click on the file and click Extract and then select the base of the USB Flash Drive.

Then plug the USB Flash Drive into the television and navigate to the software update section. 

userLRqI816UF6
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hate to hijack a thread but any chance there's a link to Version 1251? My UN32N5300 is on 1260.8 and apps such as MLB freeze and reboot the TV. Started happening when it upgraded to 1260. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately, you would be unable to rollback the firmware to a previous version.  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user9OVkeopxbB
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

RETURN IT WHILE YOU STILL HAVE RETURN POLICY AND NEVER EVER BUY SAMSUNG TV AGAIN. I have three in my home, all less than 3 years of age, and they all won't connect to the wifi. It's utterly insane to have to feck around with your tv EVERY TIME you want to watch.

MachoFlaco
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm shocked my TV is only a week old and has disconnected on me twice. It's not like returning a humungous TV is an easy task. Samsung products are garbage. 

userMqjzcVs1dk
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the UN65KS800DFXZA and it won’t stay connected longer than an hour. Miserable trying to watch a movie or anything on Netflix. I should have stayed with Visio since they were my last 7 tv’s. This Samsung has been nothing but trouble. I’ve tried every fix on here and nothing works. The other 5 tv’s, 2 computers and 4 iPhones all work fine. I guess I should ship this to Samsung and go by another Visio 

userKW08POQyVi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @Libertas & those struggling with the same issue, I managed to fix 2 major problems with my TV & want to pass the info along to see if it does you the same justice as it did with me!

Problem 1: TV randomly disconnects from Internet.

Problem 2: SmartThings app does not show the option to cast TV sound to phone anymore, just mirroring the device to the TV. 

I own a Samsung 7 Series RU7200 (43').

Problem 1 Resolution: I solved internet connectivity by pressing & holding on the power button on the remote until I saw the Samsung logo show up. Almost instantly it reconnected. 

Problem 2 Resolution: I went to the app settings on my Galaxy S9 Android phone & searched for "SmartThings" app. Then I went to Storage & cleared both data and cache. I then started up the app again & it prompted me to add a device (Note: TV is connected to the internet now so make sure to solve that issue first before proceeding). It didn't find the TV at first so I turned the TV off and on 2 times & restarted the app one time. When I opened the app, my phone showed my TV settings already added & the option to cast the TV sound to the phone AND to mirror the device to the TV we're in the drop-down menu! 

I hope this helps you out & as always, hakuna matata!

Dan