cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userxJKwHQyWAL
Constellation

Re: Issues with WiFI connection - Smart TV

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had this issue today on a brand new RU7100.  It worked yesterday.  I did a SW upgrade on the unit.  Did not try it again till today and the Wifi would not see any SSIDs for networks in my home.  Based on responses to this thread, I did a UPRP.  Un Plug Re Plug would be the technical term.  I left it unplugged for 5 minutes.  When it came back, it could see the SSIDs in my home.  Amazing there is no simple fix for this in the network reset.  I was getting very close to packing the thing back up and taking it back to where I got it.  Hopefully, it wont do it again.  Only about 2 hours wasted trying to figure what was wrong.  

Well, now its a couple hours later and I just checked the TV and it is not working anymore.  This is a real bummer because I have always liked my Samsung TVs.  I guess I will try calling Samsung to see if they have a fix, but if its any kind of runaround, this puppy is going back.  Really sad that this kind a quality issue has popped up with a company that I used to really like.  

Update on Day 3:  I called Samsung today and they tell me they have now fixed my problem. 

To restate what I was seeing, my TV would lose its ability to connnect to Wifi after a few hours.  I could not tell if it was after I turned it off and on or what.  It would just lose it internect connection, and not show me any of the Wifi SSIDs in my home.

Samsung had me reset the TV, which was to hold the power button for 5 seconds, with the TV on.  After doing that, i was able to see the SSIDs again.  They had me reset and then add back my wifi connection.  Well I have done that before, but did it again here.  At that point, they could connect to my TV to see what was going on.  They told me there was one other thing that could be done to resolve this issue. That was to turn off "Instant On".  I asked what the impact of that would be on the TV and they said it would really not impact anything.  So I said to turn it off.  They had to do that as it is not a user accessible area of the configuration.  So far so good.  If you dont see a new post from me, that will have been the resolution for my issue.  

userKh2IgmFW9N
Astronaut

UE55RU7100WXXN PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

After last update the Tv don't see enymore the wireless conection. After i reset the Tv is working 24 hours and after is doing the same.

I tried to reset and update again but this is the last version. 

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: UE55RU7100WXXN PROBLEM AFTER UPDATE

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userKh2IgmFW9N Thank you for stopping by the US support page! We only support US models here, so to receive assistance with your device, please visit: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry  

userHGFz471nRF
Asteroid

My tv UN43NU7100 have Wifi issue and does not want to connect automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

i have problem i bought this tv in december 31 2018 and i never experience any wifi issue but later in may 5 i updated my firmware to the newest one which include support apple but the problem from that point i started having issue that my wifi do not automatically connect when turning the tv on but if i go set up again my wifi it works well and i can turn off and turn on and no problem it still connected but anytime soon theres no internet can happen hours later or 1 or 2 days without using and you turn on never connect and theres another option which i hate is desconnect power cable and connect the power cable to the wall and i bought 2017 samsung smart tv i have the similiar issue but not very often just sometime any solution is anyone having same problem after update firmware or without updating???

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: My tv UN43NU7100 have Wifi issue and does not want to connect automatically

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sometimes the position of the power and One Connect Mini cables can cause issues with your TV's Wi-Fi signal. Try repositioning them or re-connecting them to see if that helps. Can you also tell me the current firmware version your TV is running? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userHGFz471nRF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-KTM2LUABC-1251.0 This is the firmaware but my tv dont include one connect mini cables it just power source cable to connect to the wall and the problem is that you guys really to find any solution becuase i dont like this kind products for is more for updating the firmware which cause the problem and 2 years ago had the same the issue but not constantly and i dont like this the only way is configure through tv which i hate doing this all the time or instead turn off remove power cable and put it back turn it back and it auto fast auto reconnect to wifi and now is cool to have apple and stuff there but honestly guys fix the problem this is first disscusion about this model tv in fact is me with this wifi problem after firmware or wifi card is damage since factory i dont know but please if anyone presenting this issue please comment or any solution cant believe had lg in the past and now hisense that i have in my outside room which never presented this kind of problems samsung please work on this your products are amazing greats apps but cant have a tv like this in my bedroom and tried all steps from people and livechat!!!!

userZbJiK0uMsi
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem with my 55 inch ru7200. Second Samsung in 2 weeks with this problem. And use some periods. Your message is unintelligible. 

userHGFz471nRF
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Look 2 weeks ago I called Samsung spend my minutes with Samsung and they send a delivery boy to pick up my tv to bring it Samsung workshop and repair it they changed the whole motherboard and still the same stuff and is not motherboard that was bad it was the new firmware guys make a solution honestly I can’t believe that Chinese hisense tv brand make better hardware and lg Sony this Samsung stuff is big company doing this thing next tv gonna be lg or Sony again

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh no!  Would you happen to have a transaction number that we could look into?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please get back to us as soon as you can.