KS8000 4K SUHD TV Growing bright light on screen

(Topic created: 07-04-2021 10:25 AM)
Stingermck
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

65" Class KS8000 4K SUHD TV

Model Number: UN65KS8000FXZA

Hello!  I have a bright spot on my TV that has gotten larger. 

I first noticed it on June 20th (the first picture)  and has grown in 2 weeks as seen on the second pic.

I have run all the picture test, reset the picture settings, and no improvement. 

The TV has not been moved since I bought it, and is on the TV stands, not mounted.

Any advice is much appreciated!

PXL_20210620_194149287.jpgthisone.jpg

5 Replies
Diaboyos
Supernova
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs
It also looks like you have a dark spot going up from where the bright spot is too that's getting worse. Unfortunately, if the TV is not under warranty it will be up to you to get it repaired or replaced.
0 Likes
userMJnw8CA8Fq
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Join the club, half the threads on here are for KS8000 failures.  However, these threads simply get locked after bogus solutions are posted.  The hardware failures threads disappear rather quickly from the list of topics, I am guessing that is what locking the thread does.   

The panel is going to be toast, so start looking for a new TV now.  I have fixed a lot of things in my life, but these TVs are not designed to be fixed.  The circuit board components for the panel are very tiny and cheaply made.  

0 Likes
Stingermck
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

That is  a shame, as a long time Samsung supporter, with multiple products in my home.  Hopefully a moderator will see this and can assist.

0 Likes
Chasse63
Constellation
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a near identical problem. did you get a solution?

0 Likes
Stingermck
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

After 3 support tickets were cancelled without being contacted, I was finally quoted a laughable $1300 repair.  Which is more than I paid for the TV 4 years ago, new from Samsung .com

0 Likes