JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Growing Light Spot In Middle of Screen

(Topic created on: 3/25/21 6:25 PM)
EllimistX
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

I have a 65" KS8000 that started with a line and blur of light in the middle and it is progressively getting worse.  The line was about 2 inches when it appeared about 6 weeks ago and now it is about 6 inches long, but it's vertical from the middle of the screen.  When I look for "light bleed", all the information is about from the edges, but this is not that.  This happens regardless of the inputs on the most recent firmware update 1243 but was happening before on the previous one (I think 1242).  What is causing this and how do I get it fixed?  Never had any issues on my previous 65" Samsung that I had for 6 years.

IMG_7087.jpegIMG_7091.jpegIMG_7093.jpegIMG_7097.jpegIMG_7102.jpeg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This will require service. Please send me a private message so I can look into possible accommodations for you :)    http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Does this also happen on the picture test? Has anything come into contact with the TV that may have caused this?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
EllimistX
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This still occurs on the 3 test pictures (see below).  And the screen is on the wall, nothing has ever hit the screen (I provided a close up picture of the relevant area to show it's not because of a dent or anything).

IMG_7104.jpegIMG_7106.jpegIMG_7107.jpegIMG_7110.jpegIMG_7115.jpeg

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

This will require service. Please send me a private message so I can look into possible accommodations for you :)    http://bit.ly/2sSxapD

View solution in context

0 Likes
EllimistX
Asteroid
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

Just wanted to add that Samsung sent out a repair team really quickly and my issue was fixed last Friday.  This was really amazing customer service.  Couldn’t be happier that I chose Samsung for my TV!

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4k, 8k and Other TVs

We're glad that you're up and running :)

0 Likes