JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 03-17-2020 05:01 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
98 Replies
userj3Om41zAGl
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Thanks... my tv just started doing this a few weeks ago.  I just reached out to the rep and hopefully they can help me as well.  These are expensive TV's and should not be having these problems in jsut a few years.  Loved it while it worked.

0 Likes
userWI34X2obAF
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@MrLarry thank you for reaching out to me a week ago but it’s been a week since I submitted my information to you for service which I greatly appreciate.Though nothing has been set up even though I have tried consistently to reach out to you and the flickering is worst, the crackles are louder and light Grey smoke even though the tv still works.  Please Help.

E04A7F49-355A-4532-9CAB-F98FCD768D18.jpeg

 

08924668-1852-4E85-B917-7EA797B636D5.jpeg

 

0 Likes
userUu1C2SCoGj
Astronaut
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello,

I have a 65" KS8000 TV that i purchased a few years ago, hence it is out of the 1-year warranty. I have a vertical line down the middle of the screen which to me looks like dead pixels. The retailer (Best Buy) refuses to come out to look for potential repairs. I have sought out 2 professional opinions, and results that the panel is the issue...and with no resolution. I am a big fan of Samsung with a GS9+, and recently purshased a samsung 3.1 sound system. For how much I paid for this TV originally, this may end my loyalty to the brand. Please help.

Regards,

Mike

userBuKgtajoT4
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We had a similar issue where we had a dark line down the middle, and on the right. Below tge line, in the center bottom, it was extremely hot to the touch.  Ours is just out of warranty. My boyfriend is an electrical engineering manager and i used to be a quality manager, so we know electronics. We took it apart to see what the issue was. First off, the led manufacture they use is awful. We have had numerouse issues, so we woukdnt be suprised if that was the issue.

I am not sure about your tv, but ours is on an arm. We beleive by moving it about, and grabbing the frame for adjustment, we may have applied pressure causing fractures under the screen, causing it to overheat and short. It is unrepsirable. The led bar for our model was also discontinued which tells me they had many issues.

I hope your issue gets resolved, but, with the cost of tvs now, you may be better off purchasing a new one. Ours is now half the cost we paid a year ago.

Best of luck!

MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useryYnUmakI0a
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a similar issue with my 65KS8000. I have what appears to be a few pixels which are displaying as red dots, and then a horizontal and vertical line going out from this source.  It appears to be a common problem with this model. Started randomly this weekend. Lines appear to be dead or stuck pixels displaying a grayish/blue color. 

I reported the issue and Samsung set up a ticket.  The repair company refuses to let me speak with a technician.  I simply wanted to get an idea of what the part cost for a panel would be, as I assume that is the worst case scenario.  Instead, they refuse to give me any idea of what the part cost may be.   This is such a common problem that I find it hard to believe a technician couldn't give a pretty good idea of what the defective part would be if I sent them a picture, but they refuse to do this.   I explained that I understood that the technician can't give an exact price , but to refuse to even provide a worst case scenario or any guidance on pricing is deceptive.  Very dissappointed considering I have multiple Samsung TVs in our house, and this is the newest and most expensive one, yet is the one that has failed after a few years of use.   

0 Likes
missionfloyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have a UN55KS8000 with firmware 1242 that I primarily use for gaming. It periodically exhibits brief color separation, wherein one of the color channels will fall out of sync with the others for up to a few seconds.

I've recorded a video of the problem here (about 7 seconds in)

https://youtu.be/RnYgatr6f-A

It does this regardless of input device, or HDMI cables.

0 Likes
missionfloyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Nobody?

0 Likes
SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Before anything, are you playing this game on PC or an actual console?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
missionfloyd
Cosmic Ray
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I guess I forgot about this thread, sorry.

I'm playing on a console. That video was from a PS3, but it happens with other devices. It doesn't seem to happen with 4K sources, however.

0 Likes