JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

KS8000 Screen Flickering

(Topic created: 03-17-2020 05:01 AM)
BottleGnome
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

My 55" KS8000 recently started having a screen flickering issue that appeared after approximately 90 minutes of use. The issue has gotten much worse over the last week with the tv displaying the problem after only 10 minutes of on time making it pretty much unusable. I spoke with Samsung support over the phone and the rep was not helpful at all in actually diagnosing the problem. Having our only tv be unusable right now is a major problem. My tv is a Model UN55KS8000DFXZA, Version AA02.

KS8000 screen flicker 

JUMP TO SOLUTION
98 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

If you're seeing this during the picture test as well,  service would be necessary.  If you would like to move forward with that process, feel free to send me a private message http://bit.ly/2ihPL97

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
useroOidNSEd92
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hi. Please help. I have the same issue. The Screen starts flickerung up and down after the tv is turned on for around 30-40 mins. I tried all the steps and issue still persists. The issue is happening in all inputs includingb the inbuilt TV apps

0 Likes
PNWbyNW
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have had this same issue for the past few months on my 65" KS8000 model. In my case, the TV will begin to flicker (kind of jump/jitter a bit vertically) after it has been on for a couple hours, and it will progressively get worse until it goes from annoying to unwatchable. This happens on all inputs and apps, even on the TV's menus and start screen, and with the OneConnect box disconnected, so it is definitely not related to any specific app, input, or the OneConnect box. When I first noticed this issue it would only appear after a few hours of use, but now it begins to happen after about 90 mins and I fear it is getting progressively worse. Turning the TV off for some time (the longer, the better) will temporarily fix the issue, so I suspect it is somehow related to overheating or overuse. To be honest, I initially didn't have a lot of hope for Samsung helping to fix this as it is now a 3-year-old, out-of-warranty TV, so I already tried replacing the power supply and main board myself, but neither fixed the issue, and I guess it must be some bad component (maybe cheap capacitors?) in the panel itself. I've also read that the timing control board is integrated into the panel on this model, but that the panel is cost prohibitive to replace.  I have seen other posts on this board and on AVForums/Reddit detailing similar issues, so it seems I am not alone in this.

I absolutely loved this TV for the first 3 years, but I am disappointed this would happen for what is supposed to be a premium-quality brand and model. I would be extremely appreciative if there is anything that Samsung can do to help or address this issue at this point to keep me a loyal customer, but if the whole unit needs to be replaced out of pocket I doubt I will be buying another Samsung TV again.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

We are sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers, along with photos of the screen symptoms, to this PM Link.

0 Likes
userxQUHDLvYz1
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I have the same model which has been working without issue for three years--and this week the same thing occurred. 

Unit has been lightly used so I'm perplexed that it has suddenly failed, and sounds like it is for others.

Any information from Samsung about what is actually failing to cause this strange type of behavior, and what the approximate cost is to repair?

SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Repairs would be recommended for this please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
user1TRRTtAJz5
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

Repairs would be recommended for this please send me a private message with your full model and serial number so that I may look into this? 

I am having the same picture flickering issues with my UN65KS8000FXZA.  Has anyone figured out what the fix was?  These models should last longer than 3 years.  

0 Likes
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

Hello. Interesting that this issue seems to have started in the last month. Mine just started doing the same issue this week. After about an hour it flickers slightly and as the time passes it increases. 

I disconnected all sources and reconnected the hdmi box that comes with the tv and it still flickers. This seems to show that it is not an external source that is causing the problem. 

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
userxQUHDLvYz1
Asteroid
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

SamusngCaleb arranged/authorized a repair with a local repair center for me (at no charge), which I greatly appreciate.

The panel and mainboard were replaced, but my technician said it was the panel that was defective. 

0 Likes
usergJQLyeyKe3
Constellation
Options
4K, 8K and Other TVs

I was told buy a Samsung employee that they do not make the panels and can not replace it. Can you tell me who replaced it for you? 

0 Likes