cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usercuobvYKn8f
Constellation

KS8000 Screen will black out periodically when connected to my PC.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having this problem ever since I bought the TV two years ago and desperately need help. I already had the breakout box replaced by Samsung but it did not improve anything. The TV has the latest firmware, I have tried every tip advisable here on this support forum. This is a hardware issue and I believe I need to have the internal electronics replaced. I need to connect with someone from Samsung support.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8000 Screen will black out periodically when connected to my PC.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It may benefit you by having a technician take a look at the device. If you would like assistance with setting that up for you; Please provide your model number and the serial number to the link below.

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It may benefit you by having a technician take a look at the device. If you would like assistance with setting that up for you; Please provide your model number and the serial number to the link below.

http://bit.ly/2hQXHNu

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

usercuobvYKn8f
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks SamsungDarius. I sent you a private message with the information.

userqGLb3cQWkz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hopefully the tech follow-up reply solved your periodic screen blackout issue with your 4K tv. In case others are experiencing the issue, I'll pass along the Samsung tech's suggested tip that solved my tv's periodic blackout issue when using my pc as input. She had me do a factory reset and change some settings but that didn't stop the problem. She also said one of the first things to check when experiencing issues with using an external device such as a pc or xbox as input for a 4k tv is to make sure you're using a fast (2.0) HDMI cable. I ordered one and started using it. So far, no problems since using the new cable.

(From what I've read, the older cables just don't have enough capacity or whatever to handle the volume of data and refresh rate for 4K so problems can occur especially during HDMI "handshakes". Also HDMI connections can deteriorate over time.) This simple inexpensive solution of replacing the HDMI cable with a new 2.0 one solved the frustratingly persistent screen/audio blackout issue for me.