cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userB9xX3iEPik
Constellation

KS8000 Vertical Lines/flickering at power on/dimming

I have a UN55KS8000FXZA purchased 1/17 that has numerous issues cropping up over the past few months.  

1.) I get flickering on power on, regardless of source input, as shown in the linked video below.  It takes up to 5 minutes for this flickering to stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ub8uBIYo9ks

2.) I get vertical lines on power up sometimes, as shown in the picture below.  Power cycling the tv does not fix this, and the only solution so far is to unplug and replug the main connector on the One Connect box.

https://i.imgur.com/NEw0d1d.jpg

3.) After an hour or so of use, I will start to get an auto dimming effect every second or two.  I have disabled Eco Sensor and attempted disabling all other settings to no avail.  However, if I turn the room lighting all the way up, it will stop flickering. 

I've tried updating the firmware on the TV to the latest version with no change to any of the above symptoms.  Any help would be appreciated.

Uploaded by t renolds on 2019-04-12.
5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: KS8000 Vertical Lines/flickering at power on/dimming

What is connected to the sources for HDMI? 

userB9xX3iEPik
Constellation

I only have a Xbox One hooked up to HDMI 1 right now.  No other HDMI inputs are in use.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Have you tried replacing your HDMI cable for the TV as well? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userB9xX3iEPik
Constellation

The HDMI cable for the Xbox?  I have tried using a different HDMI cable for it which made no change.  The flickering at startup occurs even if I have no devices hooked up to the TV.  It does it regardless of source, even on antenna.  The vertical lines I've had go away by power cycling enough times in the past, but this most recent one just happened to go away when I unplugged and replugged the one connect cable at the one connect box.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

If it comes back, feel free to send us a private message to the link with your serial number and your TV's firmware version. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.